Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Problems with Active Camera and the 737

I am trying out the Active Camera addon with the 737 in demo mode at KSEA. One question I had was regarding the out-the-passenger-window view in VC cabin mode - only part of the engine nacelle is visible. I learned that apparantly this is normal when you go beyond the cabin in cabin view - the exterior of the plane is missing. I also have had much difficulty trying to go into exterior mode. Once I get into exterior view, I try to "walk" using the number keypad and the VOR at KSEA moves along the ground rather than my view itself! Also when I get the plane in view, it movews by itself like the VOR. I disconnected my CH USB yoke and pedals thinking there might be some sort of conflict and it seems I can enter exterior view easier, but the VOR and plane still move instead of my view. Any ideas??:-hmmm Thanks. Regards, Tom

Guest niceguy2782

There is a known problem or perhap limitaion of Active Camera where sometimes the ground looks like it still and objects moving when infact the ground should be moving aswell.Also, when you raise the viewpoint pressing CTRL+HOME yo will find the other objects including the whole ground will move up with you. whichc sends some scenery and your aircraft underground.

Guest venquessa

Yep, and then when you try and go back inside the plane you fall out the bottom of it and everything goes very weird.PS: The "only upper part of engines visible" was something I had also, I haven't tested further, but I installed the update for the 800/900 that adds clickable VC to the 600 and 700 and on the first test I can see the whole engines from the internal view.

Guest speight

Make sure you are in Virtual Cackpit view before going to "outside" or "cabin" views and also look in the Active Cam forum.