Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

Trim

Guest glassb

Where and how do you set the trim on the 737-6/700? I have always wondered because on the FMC it will tell you what the trim should be for the flight based on the config you gave it. Does the plane automatically trim or.....???Rgds,Brandon Glass

BrandonNUMPAD 7 and NUMPAD 1 are the standard FS keyboard assignments for trim down and up. Or you can assign a rocker switch on your yoke to simulate the electrical trmi buttons on the real thing! ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest glassb

Mats,I understand now on how to trim it but the trim indicator on the throttle quadrant is too small to read so how are you supposed to know how many times to press "NUMPAD 7 or NUMPAD 1" to achieve the trim that the FMC thought needed?Thanks,Brandon Glass

Brandon,You'd better get a bigger monitor than the 14" you got! :DIt's not that important to get the stab trim to the exact setting so anywhere near the 5 mark is good enough. Actually I think it's set up at 5.5 or 4.5 at start up...When hand flying and trimmming out the plane you never look at the trim scale. You feel the pressure relief in the yoke.Hope it helps,

Guest glassb

thaks Mats :) Rgds,Brandon Glass

Guest Zapper

On teh 800 and a heavy load you will want a trim setting of about 6.3 Units and light would be about 5.5 Units. Not sure on other models.I am sure that misset trim is why a lot of ppl have trouble with incorrect rotation rates in teh sim. If you set trim correctly then an accurate 3 degrees/second of rotation is easy to achieve but even a little off the correct trim will make it noticeably slower or faster.ATB,Brad

Guest JF737WN

Remember, It doesnt have to be exact Just around that range!You'll know if its too much/too little if you rotate too fast or too slow. Just incase you missed what the others said :)