Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

Wierd FPS problem with the 800/900 models/VC

Guest danowat

Hi,I have noticed that when flying the 800/900 models, I get this strange FSP "cycling" effect, the 600/700 does not seem to have this issue.What happens is, when in external or VC view, the fps will be at a steady 60fps, then after a few seconds cycle down to 20fps, then back up to 60, this causes a wierd "speed up, slow down, speed up" in the views.As I said previous, the 600/700 doesn't seem to exhibit the same issue, and its not something that effects any other plane.Any ideas?Dan.

Guest thscholz

>at a steady 60fps, then after a few seconds cycle down to>20fps, then back up to 60, this causes a wierd "speed up, slow>down, speed up" in the views.>:-eek Down to 20fps??? I would be glad if my FPS would go UP to 20fps!:-lol Sorry, Dan, can't help you but I couldn't resist.CheersThomas

Hi,I had the same problem. The old 600/700 were just bad on the framerates in the VC. The update with the 800/900 improved the frame rates but introduced the cycling or stutters.I got rid of the worst stutters by turning down details and AI in FS. I also removed some of the displays on the FO side. That helped a lot.When I try to run with unlimited FPS, I end up with a lot of stutters. Currently I limited my frame rate to 28. It seems to be more fluid with this limit. I would experiment with this.Alex

Guest bobsk8

Try locking your frame rates at say 20-30hz. Many experts claim that this is the best way to get an overall smooth frame rate . There is no advantage at all to having a frame rate of 60hz.

Guest danowat

The odd thing is, if I cap the FPS to 30fps, then it cycles down to 10fps.No matter what I set it to, the FPS just "cycle", its like someone hitting fast forward and rewind very fast.Its certainly something to do with the external model, as it shows the same problem in the external view as the VC.It is also the same regardless of the VC or VC+Cabin.I seem to get better performance with the frame rate set to unlimited.Very oddDan.

Hi Dan,this seems to be different. I never get this cycling and rarely any stutters in the external view.Try to play with the refresh rates of the cockpit LCDs if not done yet.Do you have enough RAM? You need 1GB for the Boeing. My FS9 process consumes alone up to 600 MB when flying the PMDG Boeing.Alex

Guest danowat

Hey Alex,My specs are, P4 3.4Ghz, 1GB Ram, ATI X800.As I said, this is the only plane that does it, even the 600/700 are ok.I'll have to have a play aroundDan.

Guest rds_mcleod

>As I said, this is the only plane that does it, even the>600/700 are ok.Dan:I get a similar frame rate problem using a GForce FS 5900 128, P4 3.0 2048 over a particular piece of geography: CYYJ (Victoria west coast of Canada). But it doesn't oscilate, it just drops! Of course, no matter what the hardware, I think we all live with frame-rate hell depending upon location, settings, cloud & WX, etc. Its likey that heavy traffic areas are always going to bring down ANY single processor system, especially if you're running UT "Unlimited Traffic." ;-)Ron - CYEG

Guest B1900 Mech

If you have the Autosave dll. in your CF9 modules folder, try getting rid of that.

Guest danowat

Nope, no autosave.dll, and the system is "clean", i.e. nothing running in background.Thats the strange thing, everything else is fine, just not the 800/900Dan.