Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiZBUG

FMS Issues?

Guest GiZBUG

Just reinstalled the latest 737. I was at KMIA last night, and I tried putting 36R in for runway, and it said it wasn't in the database. I tried all the runways for that matter at KMIA, same thing. I did install the latest exe NAV Database prior to this.Any ideas?

Yes, some ideas,First of all. KMIA has had some renumbering of runways lately. I guess this could screw things up?You said you installed the latest NAV database. I assume this was the AIRAC 0410 from www. navdata.at. This is the database with your airport/runway data, data for navigational aids and airways data. To get the database in the NG complete with terminal procedures (SID/STARs) you must also load the latest SID/STAR database.TO do this you should download Terry Yinglings SID/STAR files and copy them into the %FSroot%PMDGSIDSTARS folder. As this collection, at least outside the US, is not complete you can add on any user made SID/STAR file that is current to the above folder. The user made procedures files can be downloaded from different places. But one place to start is www.navdata.at.Do a search on this forum to get more locations for terminal procedure files.Hope it helps,

Guest GiZBUG

>Disregard...So the 4.5 meg air cycle that I got isn't enough?

As you can see in my previous reply to you. No! ;-)You need to download the procedures files as well.Hope it helps,

Guest Popart

I have a question too:I only use the SID/STARS files found at www.navdata.at .Are you saying Terry Yinglings files are needed too to make this complete?Thanks.

Arthur,No not really. It was a bad wording on my side.But the database that comes shipped with the NG consists of Richard Stefan's/NAVData's AIRAC navigation data base plus Terry Yingling's SID/STAR database.If you're not missing any procedures you're fine. :-)Hope it helps,

Guest Popart

Not missing any sofar :D Thanks.