Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelipeCavallo

Performance of PMDG

Guest FelipeCavallo

Hi everyone again!I am contacting u guys too see what can I do with my performance, when using the PMDG 737-800.Lets see... my pc its not a bad machine (P4 1.4, GeForce Deluxe 64MB) but ok, its not the best. Anyway. I have no much problems with the rest of the Fs. I mean, with High details, Active Sky and Sb it gives me a very good rate of frames, but, when I put the PMDG...well...it looks like a PII of 400 mhz(if i have luck :().So, if anyone could give some " freaky tips" to solve this problem, i will really apreciate it.Regards,Felipe

Felipe,Copy my set-up ingredients and you will have no more probs.It is a fact that as soon as you load the FMC you will get a hit at frame rates.A good dodge that will help before Xmas presents arrive would be to use the 2D panel versions only.The VC takes up a lot of memory so, flying without it helps the FPS.Hope this is of some help?Dave.ASUS KT333 M/Board, Radeon9800Pro128mb, 1024DDR, ATI xp2400+CPU, 80 gb HDD

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Erups

My impression is that you can't ask that much out of your system.The PMDG is primarily a cpu hog rather then a gpu hog.It eats up cpu cycles like maple syrup donuts (SLURP!)!The AFDS running in background is complex, the FMC keeping track of everything means calculations, the complex AIR file means other math for FS, and the navigational displays requires calculations.Complex as it is, it requires a decent computational power.A power that maybe (depending on your FS config) your 1.4ghz cpu can't deliver.Remember that P4 ar not efficient at low speeds.A 1.4ghz P4 is nearly equivalent to an 800/900 P3 both because it's slow (nowadays P4 reach 3.4ghz) and because of the technology itself, which adopts faster speeds to gain advantages.But the result is also that at lower speeds it isn't as fast as other processors running at the same speed.So in simple words, i am afraid you are running an equivalent of a P3 900 and thus you have to make up your mind for it: should you want to use a complex product as the PMDG NG requiring high computational power, you have to take this power from something else (like weather, traffic, terrain, and so on).Also listen to the other suggestion concerning not using the VC.

Guest kdundon

I found that with a second computer (laptop) networked with wideclient on line that if I ran all my extra programs like AS2004, Flight Tracker, and Quickmap on the laptop and just ran FS2004 on the main computer (P4 2.5hz with FX5900SE) I got a tremendous increase in FrameRate and performance. I know your system is less than what I have but try running FS without the extra's running and see if it helps.