Sign in to follow this  
Guest kugerand

Starting with COLD/DARK Cockpit

Guest kugerand

How do I start 737-600/700 NG in FS 2004 at the gate with cold/dark cockpit. Thanks,Kugerand

Hi KugerandNot sure if this is the official way but this is what i did...load up the standard Cessna C172SP and do the following...assuming the engines are running when you load it.1. Make sure that the red mixture control is pushed right in2. throtle is at a minimum3. Avionics switch is ON3. Key Switch to OFF so engine stops4. Both Master switches OFFThen go to Flights.......Save Flight then give it a namethen tick the ...Make this the default flightdone....go fly....but all your planes will now start cold and dark...hope this is what you wanted.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Sorry Kugerand...slight modification to my previous postThe new settings won't happen after you have made the changes till you shut down flight sim and re-run it.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest kugerand

John:Thank you for taking the time to reply.I will give it a try tonight.Thanks again,Kugerand

Guest Popart

What about the "cold and dark" situation found in the PMDG saved files?

Hi ArthurI have not tried your way so I cannot comment on it. There is always more than one way of achieving anything in my opinion, and the more choice one has the better decisions can be made. Your way seems to indicate how to achieve cold and dark for just the PMDG, and the way i suggested will achieve cold and dark for any loaded plane, so depends what the user wanted.John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

... but be aware of the fact that changing the FS9 default flight may affect other add-ons!Sometimes they won't work at all!I use the situation file and I've done my own situation files!Another way would be to load the default flight (Chessna with engines running) and shut it down as said above. If you then switch to the PMDG it would be cold and dark, too!Henni

Guest rvdlaak

I use a dll file (do a search on avsim.com for the word "dark" (without the quotes ... in the Flight Simulator 2004 Utilities section)It works just fine with any a/c set to cold and dark when you load FS. Saves having to create your own scenario.cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif