Sign in to follow this  

Lennart replacement textures for South Europe

Hi,does anyone know if he's still working on them?ThanksMartin

Guest gasebah

I have no idea but man would I love to have them.Lennart please give us a sign to give us a little hope.Alex

Guest mikehaska

At last word, no.He left in a bit of a huff a few months ago because he felt he wasn't recieving enough praise for his work. He cancelled all further projects he was working on.I believe his website has a note about it, but I haven't got an address. Sorry!

I think Lennart's gone now, much to our loss.Creative people like him, take on massive projectslike his and must eventually get tired and move on.No one could keep that level of work going.It's a great loss because when FS 2004 comes around,who is going to give us alternate texures of thatbreadth and quality!!!Peter Sydney Australia

Guest JoakimE

Lennart is not gone, he and his friend P

Guest Stamatis

Hi Joakim,Well I clicked on your link for Copenhagen's Kastrup, but all I see is a page with Swedish, no links for download, no screenshots, in fact nothing but words.Am I missing something?Stamatis

Guest JoakimE

Well, there should be lot of screenshots there, they are a bit dark, but they should be there ;)The scenery itself is still not complete, so there is nothing to download yet ;)And in the text that is written on the top of the page basicly say that the scenery is not ready, but they hope to have it ready during the autumn. Still lots of work with the 3D and the textures. And they also say that they are working hard not to make it a FPS killer, the shots were taken with a 1.4GHz AMD Athlon and then he had 20fps.The text at the bottom say something like this:We make airports because we think it's fun, and we share it as freeware

Guest Stamatis

Joakim,Thank you very much for the translation, appreciated.Yes, I can see the dark screenshots now, I don't know how I missed them before :-)I am looking forward to nice GMAX airports myself (I assume it is a GMAX design?) because no matter how beautiful an airport may seem, if it drives my fps to anything less than 18-20, I do not use it.From what you're saying it seems it will be worth the wait!Stamatis

Guest JoakimE

Don't know if it's gmax or not, but trust me, if Kastrup is even half as good as their smaller scenerys, it will be worth the wait :)

"Hallo!Sorry Martin but I`m not doing textures eny more. Regards Lennart"This is the email I got from Mr Lennart.Sad but true, isn't it?