Sign in to follow this  

Where's the Concorde?

Did anyone but me notice that the Concorde was dropped fromm FS2k2? That really stinks. :-(

Did every one but you notice that concorde had a fatal accident in France killing all on board and several on the ground. Now that really stinks.....Nuff said

But now the Concorde is flying again and I ALSO think that the fact that MS dropped the concorde out of 2k2 stinks. I don't think it was necessary to associate the Concorde accident that happened almost 2 years ago with the fact that MS dropped the Concorde. PSS is making a Concorde, I think it will be payware, but worth the money!

HELLO??? DID YOU NOTICE THAT A 737 WAS HIJACKED AND CRASHED IN PENSYLVANIA ON 911? IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE DISASTERS FOR REASONS AIRCRAFT AREN'T THERE ANYMORE, AT LEAST BE CONSISTENT!

Actually it was a 767, and MS probably dropped the concorde because they coudlnt develop it more with the 744 and the other aircraft included. The development time would probalby have skyrocketed if they were to include a good Concorde. If all else fails, just move the one from fs2000 into the 2k2 folder.Scott

It simply could've been just licensing issues. Julian

"Did every one but you notice that concorde had a fatal accident in France killing all on board and several on the ground. Now that really stinks.....Nuff said"Give me a break, on that basis there should be no aircraft at all in FS2K2...

No, it doesn't stink.At the time that FS2002 was released Concorde had been grounded for a long time because of the Paris accident. It was by no means certain that the aircraft would be granted a certificate of airworthiness to allow it to fly again. By not including Concorde in their product Microsoft were showing that they really mean "As real as it gets". The aircraft was not available in the real world and so it was not made available in the simulated world either.David

Guest Scott Campbell

>Did every one but you notice that concorde had a fatal >accident in France killing all on board and several on the >ground. Now that really stinks.....Nuff said Wow, if that were the criteria, then there'd be no aircraft included in FS.There have been 21 747 crashes with thousands killed.The 777 killed a couple people before testing was comlete (explosive decompression).The 737 crashes are quite substantial.The GA crashes are countless, with a huge number being Cessnas (mostly 172's).ONE Concorde crashed.A minimum of one helicopter a day crashes.And on and on.As was stated by David, at the time of release, it was highly questionable whether or not the Concorde would fly again (although I knew financially it would have to).However, you can pick up a really nice 2K2 Concorde air file (actually the whole thing) at FS.com. I've been flying it for weeks. It;s very nice and I didn't need to touch the air file.

Guest Howard

I think PSS are producing one after their next project.Howard

Guest JDH

Congratulations sohcahtoa, you win the prize for the stupidest response to a post EVER!!!So, if Concorde isn't used, what aircraft DO you fly? No 707s, they've crashed before, No 717s, they've crashed before, No 727s, they've crashed before, No 737s, they've crashed before, No 747s, they've crashed before, No 757s, they've crashed before, No 767s, they've crashed before, No A320s, they've crashed before, ......See a pattern here, dimwit??Get a life.

Guest joea

Actually it wasn't even a 767 but a 757, like the plane that crashed in Washington, 767s were used to hit the WTC (being a bit bigger and all...) that said some good responses to this thread and one or maybe two really stupid ones. You guys figure it out.

The concorde was left out for a number of reasons. ONE of those reasons was the insensitivity of including it so soon after the Paris incident. Im sure there were other reasons but this was one of them. This was confimed in an interview with one of the development team.It was not left out just because it had crashed but because it was too close to the time of the incident. A bit of sensitivity is more important sometimes than pandering to the 'needs' of a few. It was partly done out of 'respect' im sure.JDH, back off will yeah, I may well be a 'dimwit' but at least 'I' can distinguish between a simulated and real world. (by the way, what does the DH stand for !! )