Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Rebooting the MCP??

Hi Guys,I have a quick question about something that happened to me last night on a flight into KSFO. I was all setup on final for ILS RWY 28L. I disconnected the AP at 500 feet, and began to fly the 700 down. I then noticed that a Cessna 172 was cleared in front of me (darn that ATC), and that I was approaching quicker than they would ever move. The tower noticed as well, and told me to go around. I followed their vectors around, and came back for my second approach.After making my turn onto final, I clicked on the LOC button, and the autopilot did not lock on to the localizer. It totally ignored it. I was able to fly manually with the glideslope, but I'm not sure why the localizer wouldn't catch.I have seen this once before, and I belive I had to turn off the flight director, and something else to reset the AP so that it would work, but I can't remember.What's the proper procedure on a missed approach to reset the AP so that it's ready for the next go around?Thanks in advance,John

Did you try re-tunning the Nav radios?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | NEC LCD 1980SXi 19" | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro |

Everything was still set the same, as I was able to capture the glideslope, just not the localizer.Thanks

That's not my point, if you were in app mode there are only 3 ways to get the system out of it, re-tune the navs (does not matter if you will again set them to the same Feq) turn off the A/P and F/D or puch a TOGA button...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | NEC LCD 1980SXi 19" | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro |

An observation, the original poster already said "I disconnected the AP at 500 feet, and began to fly the 700 down", so he actually exited APP mode on his first final approach.Best regards,Kerke

Guest Erups

>An observation, the original poster already said "I>disconnected the AP at 500 feet, and began to fly the 700>down", so he actually exited APP mode on his first final>approach.That is not correct:unless (as Randy said) you eighter push TOGA, or both Disengage AP (with disco bar) and turn off FD, you will not exit APP mode.Simply clicking on the CMD A or B button to disengage AP won't make it.

Thanks, this makes sense. I did not use the disco bar, just turned off the FD (the AP was already disconnected). I will try using this method and see if it helps.- John>>That is not correct:>>unless (as Randy said) you eighter push TOGA, or both Disengage AP >>(with disco bar) and turn off FD, you will not exit APP mode.>>Simply clicking on the CMD A or B button to disengage AP won't >>make it.