Sign in to follow this  
pacosancas

ATR 42-500

Hi all,I'm currently working on an ATR 42-500, based on my previous 42-300, which will have some enhancements, apart from the obvious differences with respect to weight, engines and propellers:- New flight dynamics.- New propeller dynamics, now the performance at full rpm will be better than before and closer to the cruise rpm settings.- Re-worked visual model: new engine nacelles, textured props (6-bladed), corrected taxi lights (now not linked to the ground steering).- Power management system with automatic torque function for take-off, MCR, climb and cruise (as the real 42-500 and the 72 series have)- Condition levers with automatic rpm position (same as the 42-500 and the 72-)The livery which I'll choose for this release is not yet decided, probably a colorful one such as Air Littoral (http://www.atraircraft.com/mediac/customersgallery/images/IMG0049_jpg.jpg), but suggestions are accepted. All repaints will also be welcome same as to the 42-300. The repaints already made for my ATR42-300 version 2 will also be valid for the 42-500, with the exception of the propeller textures.I would like to have it ready for end of this month, before I leave on vacations, let's see if I manage...Paco

Yahoo! Another great aircraft from Paco!Anniette, clean up your paint brushes! Ya got some work to do!:-lol

Am i right to think you were saying that the textures already done will go into this new aircraft?If this is true then :) I can just change the registrations :)which would save a great lot of work !Alpha xxxxxxxxxx

Guest eko

I love the ATR, and am currently using the Pan-Am paint job, veyr nice. However, what I'm really pining for is an Iberia paint job on this beautiful work. :-) There's a request for ya!

I never painted a iberia before ,Love that livery though :)Alpha xxxxxxxxxxx

Well I repainted A Greca`s ATR-500 in Air Littoral which is excellent for ai but I`m sure yours would be the one to fly!I look forward to it!

Hi Anniette,Yes, the textures made for the ATR42-300 can be used for the ATR42-500. The only difference will be the propeller textures, which I've given a different name to avoid mixing.So the only thing that needs to be done is copy the -300 textures into the -500 folder (with the reg.no. changed if needed), then copy the new propeller textures.Paco

Hi,Iberia Regional has a few ATR72-500, and that is the plane I plan to do next. In fact, I think I will only need stretching fuselage and wings of the 42-500 and adjust some airfile and aircraft.cfg paramenters.The 42 textures won't fit into the 72, except maybe nose and tail, so it will take a little longer. Maybe in September.Paco

Hi again,The beta version is very close to be ready. If I manage to upload it to my site, I will try to do it during the weekend and post a message here. The release version will of course be uploaded here at avsim.I have finally chosen the ATR house colours:http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/8/6/7/219768.jpgas I cannot compete with the wonderful repaints I've seen here.I have programmed for this plane a dedicated set of gauges slightly different than the ones for the 42-300. There will be a kind of an auto-throttle, but not like the default auto-throttle. It has four positions for the different phases of flight which will give the adequate torque for takeoff, mct, climb and cruise, and is disconnectable for any other condition, where the power levers will be controlled as usual.The most problematic (and for which I'm very interested in the beta-testers opinion) is the automatic rpm funciton of the propellers. As in the real ATR, by putting the condition levers in auto position, the rpms will be automatically adjusted, so the pilot won't need to control them. The problem is that she/he won't be able to control the propeller pitch, even if he/she wants. There are only three positions available other than auto: max rpm, feather, and fuel shutoff. I'm not sure if all virtual pilots will like this "lack of freedom" not being able to control the prop pitch.Apart from the modifications already mentioned, the plane has a complete sound folder, with sounds recorded recorded in a Dash8 (I hope the difference between the 4 and the 6 blade sound is not that big). I will release these sounds here also as a separate add-on.Anybody else interested in joining the beta test team? Please drop a message here. Paco.PS. I doubt I'll have time enough to finish the release version before I leave on vacations (August), so most probably it won't be finished until September. But I want the beta version to be available and let it be tested before that.