Sign in to follow this  
kerke

Problems aftern upgrading from 737NG to 737-800/900

My perfectly running PMDG 737NG aircraft has turned buggy after upgrading to the 737-800/900 today.First problem after upgrading, the keyboard "/" key doesn't control the speedbrakes anymore. I hit the "/" key and nothing happens anymore.Second problem after upgrading, the autobrake stays on "RTO" after takeoff. Before upgrading my 737NG 600/700, the autobrake would automatically move into the "OFF" position after takeoff, but after upgrading to the 800/900, it now stays on "RTO". Third issue, not so critical, but still: the frontpanel's 2 warning buttons turned blurred after upgrading from the 600/700 to the 800/900.http://www.kerke.us/avsim/pmdg/WarnButtons.jpgAlso, does the TCAS work with the normal FS9 AI traffic or do I have to go online into multiplayer mode? My TCAS shows no traffic whatsoever even when I set my xponder to TA or TARA (sorrounded by AI traffic). Has anybody experienced these same problems after upgrading? Thank you in advance, Kerke

Hi Kerke,>Has anybody experienced these same problems after upgrading?:-hah I would say that about 100% of all the people who has updated has seen this.1. This is due to a change in the way the NG controls the speed brakes/spoilers. There has been massive discussions about this in the past. You are more than welcome to do a search. Basically: You arm using the mouse. You deploy the A/B using the default key and returns them to their previous position (armed or stowed) with SHIFT + default key.2. This is a change to reflect the behaviour of the real aircraft. On an NG the RTO does not automatically go to OFF after take-off. I think this is part of the climb checklist3. Part of the new bitmaps introduced with the 800/9004. For TCAS read the manual, chapter 09 Automation and TCAS, pages 9-16 and following. Turn on the TCAS on the radio panel and be sure to turn on the TFC on the EFIS panel to see the traffic on the ND. Check your settings ni the PMDG|Styles menu.For all of these questions there has been answers in the past. You may do a search for more in-depth answers than the above.Hope it helps,

There is nothing "buggy about what you speak Kerke, it's more not knowing what is going on and why. As for the master caution light, well gotta agree with you there but it came with the photo textures used to update the 800-900. Still could have been better....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]I WANT MY 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)