Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Take off config alarm

What items trigger this alarm? I seem to have brakes, flaps, trim, lights and a range of other things set but this alarm still goes off. I take off anyway and the alarm ceases and things return to normal. Is there a quick way of finding out what item hasn't been set correctly for TO?Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

You must have:AUTOBRAKE....... RTO (doesn't cause the alarm)PARKING BRAKE... offFLAPS........... 1-5TRIM............ it's set before take-off (never caused me any alarm)

Actually the AUTOBRAKE is not part of the takeoff configuration warning system. Here are all the items that will give you an alarm:

Guest bobsk8

>You must have:>>AUTOBRAKE....... RTO (doesn't cause the alarm)>PARKING BRAKE... off>FLAPS........... 1-5>TRIM............ it's set before take-off (never caused me any>alarm)>Takeoff Flaps are not limited to a max of 5.

Thanks guysHaven't flown the 737NG for a while been off trying to get my head around turboprops, there are now so many excellent 3rd part aircraft available that it is hard to remain up to speed on all of them.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest nausea

Flap 5 is the usual setting. Flap 1 or 15 are very rare.John

>It's been a known issue that sometimes the ground spoilers do>not fully stow after landing. Press the '/' key twice to>deploy and stow the ground spoilers and be sure the green>SPEED BRAKE ARMED light is extinguished.John, but the '/' key does not control the spoilers anymore after upgrading from the 737NG-600/700 to the 800/900. I was told on a previous post about this issue that once you upgraded to the 800/900, the spoilers must be controlled with the mouse and would not work with the '/', a 'feature' I personally find more like a downgrade than an upgrade. Can the 800/900 spoliers be configured to work with the '/' like the 600/700 and all other FSim aircraft?Kerke

John,For a light to medium weight -600 or -700 on a "normal" runway and during "normal" weather I would consider flaps 1 the usual setting! But for the 800 or 900 you are correct.Sidenote. The NG series is approved for TO flaps 1, 5, 10, 15 and 25.Hope it helps,