Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Floatplane needs water not asphalt...

Hi all,I am new to this game, and forumSince i have been here i have been actively downloading various planes. All i can say is Wow!...i didnt know these graphics and flight models could look so good :).......My question is, I have this particular floatplane that does not have regular landing gear. So every flight i create puts this plane on a asphalt runway, which is no good with pontoons as your landing gear :)Are there airports in this game that say "Floatplane or Seaplane accessable?..heheI want to fly this thing but need a lake to do it....Anyways thanx in advance,=Swiv=

If you want a lot of water activity, try my site. Go into the ABC (Alaskan Bush Charters) section. You don't have to join the VA, but feel free to download the scenery. If you do, download it all as it's a growing library and the textures for one depend on the textures of the previous. Also do a search for names like Tom Fica, Naji, Dave Erickson, Frank Betts, and many others too or just try a search for "Alaska". You'll have plenty to do then!Don

Look for fs9seaplanebases.zip in file library under FS2004 Miscellaneous files for a complete list of seaplane bases.Randall

I'm surprised that nobody suggested that you land your plane upon a water surface, taxi to where you want to be, and then SAVE the situation and name it your Seaplane Default Start-up or something along those lines. Then, when you pick that flight from your SAVED FLIGHTS MENU, you will be still floating out there upon the water.If you want your engines and all systems to be 'cold', then make sure that you turn off all systems, the engine, and then the battery. You THEN save and name your flight.Cheers,Mitch

lol this is a 5 year old topic ROFL...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Seadog

.... during which time, Microsoft has stoically endured the streams of invective for failing to remedy the lack of a means to locate seaplane facilities separately from land based ones. The strength that must take .... These be giants. :-luke -Seadog

Guest Seadog

Not a problem - It was plenty good enough to help me find it, something I'd wanted for quite some time. I appreciate the worthwhile hint.-Seadog