Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

Jet Blue gets a 757!

Guest Joshieca

I was just listening to JKF center (Thu 7/11 - 430PM EST)and I heard the controller congratulate the Jet Blue pilot on them acquiring of a Boeing 757-200. Flight number 85 from JFK to Oakland CA.Time for those very talented aircraft painters to give us a Jet Blu 757-200. :)[br][br][div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif][br

hmmm...interesting. a couple of weeks ago while i was tracking flights using FlightExplorer, i stumbled across a jetBLue flight from TJSJ-JFK flying a 727?!?! i originally thought is was an erroneous listing by FE, but saw the 727 on another of their routes a couple of days later.can anyone verify this?chris

I just looked on flight Explorer and JBU85 shows a B752 JFK-OAK with an ETA of 18:52 PDT. Maybe someone in OAK can check it out.What's up. Maybe a temp AC for traffic demand?Weird.

Guest Joshieca

I know that they are expanding, perhaps they are "renting" aircraft until their Airbus's come in??

Hmm, thats strange, I've looked around and everything I have says that as of July 1st JetBlue is not a 757 owner, and same with 727s. The only thing I can think of is that they very recently leased some.Scott

Interesting. According to JBU's website, they're still an all A320 fleet. I wonder if they did lease some? If so, I bet the "wet leased" them (including a flight crew). If they're intent on remaining an all A320 fleet, I can't imagine that they'd go out of the way to train crews for a temporary 757.Jon (KSEA)

Well, I'd like to think that they bought a 757 (or leased one in preparation of buying some). ;) As much as I like the A320, I'm more of a Boeing person.

I know a gentleman at church who is a pilot for jetBlue. When I see him Sunday, I'll ask him if they're adding any non-A320's to their fleet.jkvato1.jpg

I just spoke with a reliable source in NY. He said that JB is using a B757 and B727 b/c of engine problem with "a" A320. Don't know if that meant more than one or not .

I more of a Boeing guy myself as well, but frankly, what JetBlue has been doing seems to be working for them so far. I don't want to see them mess it up!Jon (KSEA)

They just sub-contracted a 757 from North American (who usually fly sub-contract for EL-AL). Unknown why but probably to increase capacity at LGB due to AAL wanting to use JBU's unused slots at LGB. JBU basically wants to keep AAL out of the picture at LGB so they are probably leasing other equipment till Airbus gets them some more A320's. They just converted 2 more options into firm orders by the way as well.

Eric 

Guest Scott Campbell

Eric,You might want to review your sig link. When viewing your message I get a user login screen.

Guest drobson

I was curious about this thread, so I e-mailed my Captain friend at JetBlue. He is their chief pilot/head trainer/aircraft deliverer. Below is his response to my question as to whether they were adding aircraft from different manufacturers."JetBlue is only getting A-320's. We leased a B-727 "wet" from Transmeridian until a late delivery arrived. Occassionally we lease a flight to continue one that broke so as not to cancel. Only A-320's for JetBlue. I leave to get number 28 Sunday."Incidentally, this Captain was the flying the first aircraft to land at JFK after re-opening from the 9/11 closure, (a brand new A320 that he had picked up in Toulouse). He said it was an experience that he will never forget. Very emotional.Darrell