Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryssebastian

FRAME RATES??

Guest ryssebastian

Hey I am interested in knowing what kind of fps you guys get in the new pmdg737-900, lets say at laguardia in ny scenery maxed out with ultimate traffic, and activesky.. I am very interested in purchasing this bird just dont want it to be a slide show, Im getting my ccomputer tomorow, its amd fx55 with 2gb and x800 xt pe, you think I could stay at 20fps+ with everything maxed out.. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS

Sebastian, (I think that's your name?)Asking for FPS is a tricky thing since it depends not only on the location of the airplane and the PC's hardware but also on how much FS tweaking has been done and how well the windows system is kept running.Anyway, the PMDG 737 is one of the most FPS friendly airplanes I've installed (speaking of the complex ones). You'll get more FPS than with RFP B742, and much more than PSS A340. I don't know if you'll have 20+fps all the time, but you'll hardly find another aeroplane this complex with such good performance.My system has a P4 3.2 Ghz, 2GB RAM and an old ATI 9800 Pro, much slower than your system. I mostly get more then 20 fps, the exception being a panel view with terminals and AI traffic in front. Getting low FPS is mostly the scenery's fault being non-GMax like Simflyers airports.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest ryssebastian

THanks for the reply, I guess will will give this bird a try..

Guest Buck Bolduc

With your new machine and vid card you should get very high FPS.I have an Athlon 64 3400 w/ 1 gig of ram and an old ATI 9800 pro 128mb vid card. With most sliders maxed I get minimum 35 FPS but usually arround 60. I suspect you will get at least that and more with your setup, all other things being equalYou got yourself one hell of a rig there.Regards