Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Which plane to take on a World Flight?

>Kelleym, is that the Najaco RTW flight in a Caravan? I have >the flight plan ready made in FSNav4 if anyone would like >it.. or could export it as a FS2002 pln. It has ALOT of >waypoints, but I have placed waypoints at every landing >place that the Najaco will be landing. It lands/flies over >every country of the world!! Yep, that's the one.>My favourite aircraft for a RTW flight would be the Caravan >Amphibian and the Piper Cheyenne 400. I'm currently using >both to do Capt Slarty and Dean's RTW Buzz. If you're gonna >tour the World, I don't see any point in doing it at >30,000ft. You might as well just buy a ticket and sit in a >passenger seat of a jumbo! I think, if you're gonna fly rtw, >you might as well see it all and fly it all! Simon, I'm totally with you, although Heather (below) did fly low and fairly slow in her Gooney. I like the Amphib because you can land some places there aren't runways, much like the very first people who ever did a round-the-world flight (it was U.S. military folks in amphibs who did it coastly clockwise, starting from Oregon, I do believe). I'm going to do this (in my spare time -- LOL) some day as well.But it's pretty cool there are so many different ways to do this, and so much fun to be had. Enjoy your own journey!

Forgot to add that no matter how you fly around the world, you're totally cheating unless you fly in Real World weather, which probably means using FSMeteo.This is where the true challenge comes in and, particularly for GA or the smaller liners like the DC-3, is where all the problems have occurred historically. Then it becomes an interesting feat as you contemplate what time of year to go -- because you may have to deal with hurricanes, moonsoons, heavy snow, etc.The only time I don't fly with FSMeteo is when I'm using the ultralight (just too much wind in the areas I like to fly in Real Life )

Si,Good to hear that you are making progress in the RTW. Any word on your flights?Hope all goes well in FS2002...Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1