Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

External lights: i'm in trouble! (pics)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Today is a foggy day at my home airport: Milan Linate - LIMLI decided to have a flight to EDDH, flight LH 035.But once in the cockpit and taxi lights on here what going on!!!:-erks And the landing lights are, if possible, even worse, and cannot see runway lights.Is that normal? Is PMDG 737 using default MS lights? (i have replaced default textures for halo.bmp and spotlight.bmp)Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/97244.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/97245.jpg

Guest Paragon

There's nothing you can do about this. It's because of the stupid way microsoft decided to show light. You can see some weird shadows also, if you look at your plane on a sunny day. Let's hope that they change this in the next version, since it's really an archaic way of light....incidentally, is that lufthansa livery for the -800? Which airport scenery is that? :)

<<<(i have replaced default textures for halo.bmp and spotlight.bmp)>>>Sounds like this could be your problem. Also, make sure "special Effects" slider is maximized in your FS9 hardware settingsBest,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>Sounds like this could be your problem. Also, make sure>"special Effects" slider is maximized in your FS9 hardware>settings1) Should i try restoring default MS textures?2) Effect slider in video options is half the way :(I'll try both and reportThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest wesl

If the clouds are at or below field elevation, I believe that is the effect of FSCOF. In real life, 1200 ft /400 meters on RVR, minimal lighting is used because it reflects back.Wes

You might get a little better result with the default. ANd then again you might not see any difference. As I believe this is the may the MS light behaves in foggy conditions. Have seen this with other a/c as well.Too bad. We could definietly use a new graphics engine in FS. ;-)Cheers,

Flew at night the other day and when I landed at kont in good weather, my landing lights looked something like that except the only thing I could see were greenlights (probably not even that) which made it difficult to taxi off the runway ;) I think its about time I replace this Radeon 9000 proAndrew

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you all for suggestions. I replaced stock MS textures with softer lights so default can't be better imho.Fog is often seen during fall/winter at my home apt and it seems that MS uses low clouds layers to represent fog. I'm i wrong?cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest ThrottleUp

Luigi:Sorry to ask an off-topic question but how did you post that screenshot ?When I make an attachment it appears as a little icon that people have to click on & unzip to view! Id like to post screenshots like you did. Could u pls tell me how its done!Thanx :)

Guest Paragon

Sorry for repeating, but Luigi, could you tell me who made the scenery for Linate?

Guest griffinflying

Fog is just a cloud at ground level.