Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

CFS3 Official Web Site Online

Hi, Contains screenshots and one video in the multimediahttp://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/multimedia.aspJust hope the terrain engine will be better (blurry) (in screenshots they should be old shots, still 3 or 4 month before the release).The lower scenery appears pretty incredible and the water just incredible, true reflection and realistic water moving, like the real thing in the video.Cfs3 is like a preview about FS 2004 Coming!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I highly doubt that any of that video is game footage, the end looks like it could be, but its probably just CG, and they'll probably just recycle the video as the opening movie.Scott

I dont know, because the first time that I saw that movie clip, I was impressed! But then, I thought to myself, wouldnt that use alot of horsepower if the whole game was like that?? It would be cool if it was like that, but, we will just have to wait and see!Reza

Guest SoarPics

I agree. We saw alot of great screenies before 2K2 came out. While this sim is great, I don't think it looks as good as the teasers we saw last summer. And certainly the hardware requirements we heard a year ago proved to be waaaay off.Time will tell,

I agree with you 100% Yeah, those teasers were great, I was impressed, but this game prooved to lived by its standards, even with its minor flaws(blurry textures, flat clouds...) I also agree with Chris that CFS3 is a preview of FS2004, because the screen shots look great and i believe that FS2004 will be like CFS3, but even better!PS. FS2002 is by far the best flight simulator that has ever came out!Reza

Guest cwright

Chris, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. The screenshots from IL-2 at a similar stage last year were far more impressive, with an almost endless list of new features and effects etc. Quite frankly, some of the screenshots are dreadful. In one, the terrain textures are *totally* blurred. Also the terrain mesh looks poor, with hills looking like pyramids. One shot (a view looking down at the German bomber) is a perfect example of the well-known dynamic blurred textures problem (i.e. mip map resolutions not properly updated to full resolution). Some of the screenshots are quite good, but hardly spectacular - and probably inferior to IL-2. But if I had been responsible for putting up the screenshots I would have thrown some of them straight into the rubbish bin! The bad ground textures certainly indicate they're still using the FS2002 terrain engine and not the new one. But if CFS2 is released in October then it's only about three months to go. I hope I'm wrong, but the new terrain engine may have run into problems. Maybe CFS3 will still use the FS2002 terrain engine complete with blurred textures. Let's hope we soon see a fresh batch of shots using the new terrain engine.... Best regards, Chris Wright