Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Invalid nav tune what is this error that the FMC is showing me????

All went well i was set up for the Ils and all of a sudden i get this error'invalid nav error' app was selected and then i wasn't able to turn it on again with neither cmd A or B. Please help me on setting up an ILS. Thank you!!!

Sorry Joe but again your question is not very detailed or specific enough to help you. What exactly point by point are you doing and what messages are you getting exactly?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Hi I get an 'INVALID NAV TUNE" in the Fmc when at the outer marker. This error appeared when trying to do an ILS app. At this point the APP deactivates by itself and can no longer fly the LOC and g/s resulting in a visual approach on my part. I can't click app anymore even if i'm perfectly lined up and at the right altitude to intercept the Ils. This happened on both my flights and at different airports. I'm starting to think it may be the airacs cycle and/or sid star info on the fmc, but this was a regular final leg approach and not a star so this is why i'm looking for some suggestions on what may be the problem.

Guest Floyd312

Hi Joe,I think this message indicates that you need to enter the ILS frequency into the NAV1 receiver (and also NAV2 if doing a dual-channel ILS approach.

Are you manually tuning BOTH navs to the correct ILS that are in the FMC?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

>Yes the one given in the Fmc and the one in my charts both>match. That did not answer my question, did YOU manually dial in the ILS on the NAVS? The 737 does not autotune, that is what I was getting at since I am not sure if you knew that or not.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

>Yes the one given in the Fmc and the one in my charts both match.Yes the freg in the fmc and the charts was tuned in by me into the standby freg and then clicked the arrow to make it active in nav 1 and then put that freq. in nav2 and activated cmd a and b for dual channel! Btw does auto tune even exist??

auto tune is not avialable on the NG in the r/w so PMDG did not model it. Could you provide some screenies of the radio panel and FMC message and the 2d cockpit. May give us further food for thought.Thx

I had this too when flying into NewarkThe reason was, frequency on the Approach page was not corresponding with the airports one, defined in the AFCAD. Explanation:the AF file defines the frequency on which AP will respond to. I added a fictious ILS G/S in LSZH for ILS Approach on RWY 34. They used it to test, last year. 111.70. I added this in the AFCAD. Now my PDMG NG, even not knowing the ILS, does a full dual channel approach ;)Maybe, this applies to you toocheersMartin

Hi,The problem in my case is that the rwy worked for prvious ILS approaches with other aircraft but with pmdg so far all airports i've flown too (different airports) all give me an error my Ils will be tuned in but the app unclicks itself and when turning on final the fmc will give me the error. I haven't played with afcads in a long time and there all Ultimate traffic default ones.Please keep helping as the sim (pmdg) is going nowhere for me without this type of approach.