Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rick1486

SID's, STAR's and MS ATC

Guest Rick1486

Hi - I'm using fsbuild v.2 beta and successfully exporting f/plans to pmdg 737ng which I'm then able to load as Co. routes into the fmc. When I use MSFS9 atc in sim having loaded the .pln file before the flight in the internal flight planner (which I presume has exactly the same flight info as the .rte plan which is being loaded into the fmc)the internal atc seems to accept this and basically allows me to fly ifr along my filed route.However, as I get near to my destination, irrespective of where that may be, the sim atc vectors me off of my planned route (which would have incorporated a STAR) and sends me off on a weird and wonderful set of headings before I eventually arrive at my destination.Has anyone else experienced this?Has anyone got a solution to this - is there any way of either making fs9 atc follow my fmc's programmed plan (from fsbuild)or are there things I should or should not be doing before importing a plan into the pmdg fmc?Thanks for your help - well I hope you'll help lol!!CheersRick

Guest Ken_Salter

Yes - common problem/complaint with MS ATC.Solution - IMHO purchase Radar Contact (however you may want to wait as I think v4 is coming out soon...see their forum for more info)

Guest Jeroen November

Rick,You would get the same problem when using FSNAV. I allso think it's a shame FS9 ATC works that way, but maybe FS2006 will fix that.Aside from that I've noticed that you can perfectly follow your planned STAR. ATC will be contineously coming back to expedite your heading and or altitude but just ignore that, ATC will not cancel your flightplan & eventually hand you over to the tower when you're lining up for the approach.Greets,Jeroen

Guest speight

Once fs atc begin giving you runway and vectors, there is an option in the atc list to approach via xxx transition. Go for that and all will be well.I am not sure if this is mentioned in the fs knowledge base or not, but there is a lot in there to do with using the fs atc, prob worth a good look?

>Once fs atc begin giving you runway and vectors, there is an>option in the atc list to approach via xxx transition. Go for>that and all will be well.Are you refering to the FS9 ATC? I've been looking for an option like this for a long time and I've been using FS9 from day 1 -- I've never been presented with this option. I'm going to try once again tonight.Best regards :-waveKerkeKMIA

Guest christianholmes

wait,wait,wait- FS9 allows you to use STARS? You can't be serious. If you are correct there are about 50,000 people who don't know this (myself included). I have to try this.

Guest garymccl

I found this myself, and wondered what it was! I was approaching Rome, and was told to go around (sound familiar!), and I did, but FS9 tends to send you miles and miles out of your way before you can start approaching the airport again. Anyway, I figured I would look through the ATC options and I ended up requesting a specific route. I requested it, ATC told me to follow it, but I don't have any tools on my machie that tell me what that route actually is, so I ended up getting really frustrated and hitting alt+f4 (that's what I do when I get frustrated!). Anyway - I have FS Nav, and I guess if you import the STARS into that and work out how to get that into your flight plan in the 737NG (which is something I have not looked into), it would probably work.Gary