Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

FMC - Can it display landing speed? (point-point mode)

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo Avsimmers :)When I want a quick no-brainer flight I use the FMC on the PMDG 737 to input departure & destination airport information - thats it. When used in this simple fashion can the FMC display landing speed?Or do you have to go through *all* the detailed data-input steps before a flight to get it to display that figure when the time comes to land?Many thanks :)

Guest BenBaron

Hi Nevin,I think this won't work as there are many other factors which have to be considered talking about the landing speeds (e.g. the most important is weight). So I think you should input also at minimum the ZFW on the perf-init page , but I don't know if that works... .

Guest ThrottleUp

Benjamin-Thanx 4 replying....yea I had a feeling u had to go thru all the button-pushing to display landing speed! Correct me if Im wrong but I thought the FMC auto-detected the amount of fuel on the plane and the weight of the passengers and cargo you input in the load manager?I thought that it did this and would therefore be able to spit out a landing speed hee hee :)I got a lotta readin to do...!

Guest JamieG

As for the FMC: autodetectreal world it cant, but its a really nice feature in pmdg that if you press the lsk (line selet keys-the rectangular buttons) next to the entries for ZFW, Fuel on Board, and weight i believe they will be put in automaticallyyou need to manually enter reserves and cruise level though if you want thoseso yep u can have the fmc auto detect

Nevin - All entries on the CDU (That is the thingymajig you are entering the airports on. It is connected to the FMC which is a box located in the electronics bay below the flight deck.) that are boxed are mandatory entries. If the entries have dashes it is not mandatory but when entered will provide you with a more accurate solution.Again, this is not an aircraft for no-brainer flights! ;-) :+"

Guest ThrottleUp

>>Again, this is not an aircraft for no-brainer flights! :) Yea I know...but after a day at work I just wanna come home and get that pretty 737 flying - fast! On the weekends is when I get the manuals out! (I printed out every PMDG PDF file).Poor little HP printer worked overtime!But yes...I knew when I was buying PMDG that it was really a plane aimed at the hardcore simmer (which Im not) - but resistance was futile after I kept seeing you guys talk about it and worse: seeing screenshots! I just had to have it! I have no regrets and look forward to learning its systems in detail! Hey you guys got me using the FMC remember!? I thought the FS9 GPS was everything...so Im moving ahead..slowly :)Thanks to all who replied to this thread!

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Nevin,What you can do is find the figures manually. Only thing is you need a real life AOM as the PMDG manuals don't have Vref tables included. Good thing that there happens to be one on the internet.All you gotta do is remember your ZFW and add your landing fuel to that, look up a table and that's it.Hope it helps,David

Guest ThrottleUp

>> look up a table and that's it. :)

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey,To save you the trouble, have a look [a href=http://www.ibsw08346pwp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vspeeds.pdf]here[/a].The AOM doesn't cover the 600 for some reason so I normally just use the 700 speeds, there isn't much difference between them most of the time.Cheers,David

Guest Newflyer

What I do is this, enter in the departure and arrival airports. Activate-EXEC-PERF INIT, Hit LSK 1l, and it should auto-detect your weights, next, LSK 6L there should be something saying "INDEX" select, and then on that screen, select APPROACH, the speeds should be there for the various flap configs.