Sign in to follow this  
Guest garf25

Autopilot not overflying waypoints.

Guest garf25

Hi all,I am having trouble getting the FMS realising that I want to overfly various waypoints before turning to the next.This is particular when inserting PBD's to set up a VOR approach. The FMS will often compute the turn maybe 2 or 3 miles before the point. Also occasionally, it wont show a smooth turn, but maybe a right angle instead. Why is this?Any help in all this guys will be massively appreciated.Cheers all,

Dear ________ (?)That is correct regarding overflying the waypoints. The real airplane is not capable of doing this UNLESS the points were pre-defined as such in the Arrival-, Departure-Procedure. But the pilots can't program the points to be overflown...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

In addition to what Marcus said, the only option you have is to define this in the procedure file, if needed, as an ex: NAVAID OVERFLY XXX. The airplane will then start the turn after passing the XXX navaid.

Guest garf25

Thanks for your replies guys.A classic example of this problem I am suffering is when I am trying to programme the published procedure for rwy 05 at Funchal (Madeira).You HAVE to overfly the 8dme point before making the turn, but I just cant get it right.Any other suggestions??Thanks all.

Guest tmetzinger

>Thanks for your replies guys.>>A classic example of this problem I am suffering is when I am>trying to programme the published procedure for rwy 05 at>Funchal (Madeira).>>You HAVE to overfly the 8dme point before making the turn, but>I just cant get it right.>>Any other suggestions??>>Thanks all. are you setting up the procedure in the SID/STARs file? you can make the point be an overfly point that way.