Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARTY

Using Flight Deck Companion with 737NG

Guest MARTY

Hi, Has anyone tried to use FDC with PMDG's 737NG? If so, did you manage to program it to accept 737 NG cockpit callouts. Pre-Start checks, such as 'Yaw Damper ON' and 'Auto Pilot ON' etc does not respond. The default 737 call out instuctions are not all compatible with the 737NG's and I'm hoping that someone out there has worked out how to get both programs working in harmony. Thanks Marty U

Hi Marty,I messed around with this some time ago but never got it to work as I wanted. If you're looking for a FO, processing of checklists and much more and in a far more advanced way than in FDC I would recommend you to have a look here -> http://www.fs2crew.comCheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest MARTY

Richard, Found out that there is now a template for the 737 NG's on FDC's web site. It works fine. Thanks Marty

Hi Marty,That's great, thanks for letting me know - maybe I'll give it a try but I'm not sure I'll find any use for FDC anymore with FS2Crew installed ;-)Have you checked it out? If not you should, I'm pretty sure you will get impressed!All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,I bought FDC a few weeks ago and I'm not really satisfied. AFAIK fs2crew is designed/optimzed? only for PMDG's 737. Allthought I fly this wonderful bird frequently I would have the oportunity to use it with other a/c (CS727, MAAM DC3). Any experiences?Thanks, Tom.

Hi Tom,You are correct in that FS2Crew is designed exclusivly for PMDG's 737-800,900 series and the reason I'm pretty sure is it's complex nature. I don't think you could write an add-on as advanced as FS2Crew and still maintain compatibility with different kinds of a/c:s. What I on the other hand think will happen if the program becomes popular and there is a high demand for it is that we will see new versions for different kind of a/c:s. But why don't you have a look in the FS2Crew forum here at VATSIM a bit further down under the PMDG forum. I'm sure you would be able to find all the answers you need there and if not just ask and you will get a reply in notime! Bryan the developer of FS2Crew is extremly fast and helpsome!Have installed FS2Crew but haven't had the time trying it out yet, mainly because I think you need plenty of time with it before you get the hang of it. But considering some of the posts in the FS2Crew forum and what other persons who already tried it says, I'm confident I will be more than pleased with it.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest MARTY

Richard, Does FS2Crew have different pilot/1st Officer accents. The British accent in FDC is appalling! (something like mine) There doesn't seem to be a demo with it. Thanks Marty

Hi Marty,Yes, there are lots of different voices in FS2Crew and the ground crew's voices talking to you during push-back etc also change depending on where in the world you are.You can find a demo slideshow in MS Powerpoint format here where you will also hear FS2Crew "in action".http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=56018Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest MARTY

Richard, Have now purchased FS2Crew. Complicated or what!! Even the Tutorials keep cross referring to documents such as Flow and Misc Checks, Normal 737NG Checklist, Profiles, Main Ops Manual etc. By the time I've mastered the actual program, I'm going to be too old to appreciate it! If you come up with any shortcuts, please, please let me know. Anyway, thanks very much for all your advice. All of you out there who read this, believe me' FS2Crew is not for the faint hearted. Marty

Hi Marty,Wasn't meant to fool you into buying something you won't appreciate, sorry if that's what happened here.And yes, FS2Crew is a complicated add-on but so is flying a 737NG IRL and that's just what FS2Crew is trying to simulate in the best way possible in MSFS.Then I'm pretty sure the feeling you have now in the beginning, how complicated and confusing everything is will get better once you give it some time and start learning more and more about it...and I don't think you will be to old at that time to appreciate it ;-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest MARTY

Richard, You have nothing to be sorry about and, you are absolutely right, after a couple of glasses of good red wine and a good nights sleep, I'm already getting to grips with FS2Crew. Actually got the 800 series in the air, but started to have problems when it came to the Approach sequence. With a bit of perseverance and patience I'm sure that I will crack it before the zimmer-frame comes into play. I do appreciate your assistance and advice. :D Thanks again Marty

Glad to hear that Marty and if it will make you feel any better, you're not the only one who hasn't learned everything about FS2Crew yet...;-) Glad we have a weekend ahead of us with lots of spare time!All the best,

Richard Åsberg