Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfflyer

RTA Function for 737?

Guest sfflyer

Checking the documentation, it does not look like the RTA (required time of arrival) function is modeled in the 737 package. Can anyone verify, and if not included, might anyone have an idea on whether it's on the 'to do' list?Thanks!Todd

Todd,I can verify that this is not modelled in the PMDG NG. And it is not on the to-do list as far as I know.Cheers,

Guest sfflyer

Mats:Thanks so much for the prompt response - looks like I'll have to look at how to do this outside of MSFS. The RTA function pretty much just manipulates the Cost Index (CI) between fixed values and does the ETE to the designated RTA waypoint, resulting in a speed setting to make the time, so I had hoped that it might be a product improvement. Oh well... Again - thanks so much for your answer.Todd

Todd - It's a pretty complex function and if you don't have an ETA it's pretty much useless. And the CI needs your company time dependant costs as input and they are not usually caluclated in our virtual world so can't really see a benefit here. Look out for the release of the Virtual Dispatcher though as it might add something to your flights. ;-)CHeers,

Guest frankathl

"Look out for the release of the Virtual Dispatcher though asit might add something to your flights. ;-)".I predict you're gonna be fielding a LOT of queries in the very near future, Mats :-)BR,Frank

Guest sfflyer

Agree - the 737 is the most sophisticated of the RTA algorithms used in the Boeings, but it's still one waypoint only/active flight plan/in cruise. I am using the 737NG as a research tool, leading to a functional description of full 4-D trajectories and recoding of our lab FMC (another commercial product for which we hold a source code license) to provide what is essentially an RTA for each waypoint in the flight plan. With data link of the info to the ground, it might be useful.

How does the RTA differ from the time given by the FMC's PROG page under the destinantion airport?Kerke

I though you have to enter a time that you want to cross the specific waypoint.