Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rick1486

Paper Plans In The V.C.

Guest Rick1486

Hi - I remember reading on a review somewhere about the 737ng that it is possible to have charts attached to the pilots' (and maybe co-pilots') clipboard in the virtual cockpit.I do remember seeing a chart or plan file somewhere in the aircraft folder within fs9/pmdg 737, but would someone please explain how I can get a chart to show on the clipboard in the vc?CheersRick

Hi Rick,The original PMDG 737-600/700 Base package included a chart one the left window's clipboard.After our support staff was flooded with complaints, we subsequently removed that chart for the PMDG 737-800/900 Upgrade.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Newflyer

Why were people complaining? And I thought there was some way that we could load up any chart, any chart for the destination airport.

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Hello,I believe it could well have been my review which you read. As Vin said, in the 600/700 package, these charts were customisable. All the required actions were written in a seperate model installed in Program Files/PMDG/filename.xxxI believe thses were removed during the 800/900 update though :(John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

People complained about a chart??? You got to be kidding me. *******...get a life.Mike BrownP.S. Probably the same people who listen to Art Bell and believe in chem-trails...

Guest Rick1486

Thanks for that lads - so the upshot of it is that we can't add a chart to the left hand clipboard then, is that right?Rick

Guest speight

Hey Rick, maybe you could create some bmps to display a chart, but wot a lot of muckin' about!I have Jeppeson Simcharts and it allows me to display/print whatever chart I need in the cackpit, for any airport in Europe, both appr plates and term proc charts. Costs a bit, but wow all those procedures---you might wanna think about it?

simcharts are nice but if you fly online i'd avoid them and use links from the respective vACCs or other sources for actual charts. Simcharts is always at the standard of the FS versions they refer to. So simcharts 3 is "updated" to the time the FS9 navigation database was complete.. that's almost 2 years back now.. :) Just my thought... but in online flying it always comes up: "why did the controller send me to stand xyz? it doesn't exist on my charts!" and so on :) Bye, Luca