Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Download files - Search By Date - Can you do it ?

My computer went up in smoke about two weeks ago. Just got back on line with another machine. Whereas I can go back about a week, by date, I was wondering if I can continue on back by date for the week I missed. This would keep me in sequence without doing blind searches.TIA !!!Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Hi Bob,It doesn't look like it at AVSIM! The only thing I can suggest is to click on the File Library Uploads - click Here. It gives you about a weeks worth of uploaded files.

Guest Heather 636

The "What's New" category in the library will also do the same, letting you look back over the least seven days.If there's any particular scenery you are looking for and can at least describe it, I can probably give you the filename to do a search on as I download EVERYTHING in the scenery category for the North American continent, including Hawaii and Alaska.Good luck!

Aha, another vote (or two) for having this info available in the AVSIM file dump (which they do every month or so).If you go over to the files forum you can add your voice to that thread. They say it's hard to do, but I'm not quite sure I see why (the upload date is definitely there, since it appears on each screen, so I'm not sure why it just can't be dumped out with the rest of the info, but I'd love to be enlighted).

Correction.. it is done EVERY SUNDAY. Automatically done every Sunday morning. If you want the latest, tune in anytime after 4:00 a.m. EST and you can get a fresh copy. :)

Great... but can we get file dates, Tom?Please, please, please, please, please. (Okay, one more) Please.

You already have it.. :)Click here:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/index.php?Cat...ode=1&Go=ChangeThe only problem with this is that you have to do it by category. But it does provide you dated files going back as far as you want. Notice the selections about "ORDER BY DATE" and the tabular format. Just click on the top page numbers to go back in time, so to speak.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear.I mean having the downloadable list with dates. That way those of us trying to organize our scenery files can recognize when something was generated -- pretty important the way authors revise their scenery.I was hoping that since that information is there (and obviously very accessible, since you can order the file lists that way) that it would be easy to just add that field to the file dump produced every Sunday. For some reason I'm told this would be tough -- perhaps you could put a bug into your file manager's ear?

Tom....Thanks for the reply....After your post, giving the link for a date sort of each full category, I went back and figured out how to use it. This is exactly what is needed, for the problem I described in my original thread.I was not aware of it, even though you listed it in BOLD AND RED !All I can say is... Daaahhhh !!!! :-boomBut seeing some of my answers here, I see I was not alone.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)PS... I just figured it out... I needed to set my browser "taller".AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest Matt Johnson

You asked, we delivered!I have manually re-run today's dump at 0956Z in order to produce one with the new date code within it.Regards,--M

Guest Matt Johnson

Well, that job actually gets run at 5am. :)Most of AVSIM's automatic maintenance jobs happen between 4am and 5am. It is possible, particularly around 4:15-4:20am, that access to the Library will be very slow, since our database does some jiggery-pokery around that time doing a lot of housekeeping.Regards,--M

Matt...I hope you don't ever eliminate the field delimiter, which you use in the text dump. I'm talking about the "|", located just above the "", on that same key.It doesn't matter what the delimiter is, just so one is there.That delimiter allows us "non-programmer" types to easily delimit the entire dump in a simple spreadsheet using the spreadsheet's "@Field" function. This then makes everything sortable and searchable by any category.FYIThanks...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Thank you!!I'll d/l tonight at home and then I can finally get my home scenery database in some order (well, as much order as my life is ever in :>)