Sign in to follow this  
Guest jberinge

Autopilot not engaging

Guest jberinge

Hi there,I have looked in the forum and on the FAQ because I thought that this may be an easy question but I have failed to find anything.I have just purchased 737ng and already have plenty of experience with other packages. I have FS9, XPpro, etc.Anyway when climbing out I engage the autopilot and the EFIS displays CMD and hdg and alt hold but the aircraft does not follow the flight director guide (see attached image). In other words the autopilot is on and the lights (see attached image) and EFIS show it engaged, but it does not send the commands to the aircraft and the aircraft just follows the joystick commands. This happen regardless of whether I set up the FMC from scratch or just take off.Hopefully its something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Jason Beringerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98232.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98233.jpg

1260 RA @ 280 knots? Looks like a landing not a depature and G/S is active.. Anyhow, what do you want to follow with ALT HOLD engaged? It follows only one thing, holding altitude when the mode was enaged. If you want the AFDS in control, engage VNAV for pitch (ALT HOLD is a pitch mode but not for the F/D) and turn on the A/T then it will follow the F/D otherwise you must manually follow the F/D. The plane will not control speed without speed and A/T enaged. Try it it will work fine.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest jberinge

Hi Randy,Thanks for your feedback. Its a great product! I have been playing around with getting the autopilot to engage in ANY mode for hours without success. I just start from a basic setup from KSEA and just took off and tried to engage ALT Hold just to get it to work (no success). Even with HDG slected it will not roll to the heading. I want trying particularly to hold speed. I have tried to follow the tute and program the FMC and do the A/T properly but it didnt work either. Its like the MCP is sending commands but the servos are doing nothing. Frustrated :(ThanksJason Beringer

Hi Jason.As Randy described you must engage A/T in order to hold speed. From the pics above I can see the A/T is not engaged. Are you sure you have switched on the engine driven generators on the overhead panel? The GEN1 and GEN2 buses must be connected or the A/T will not engage. (See the manual about "Cockpit and systems" from page 28)

Guest jberinge

Thanks guys for your quick responses, Actually I was not trying to control the speed at all in the above example. I was trying to do the simplest thing possible. HDG SEL and ALT HOLD and trying to get the plane to roll onto a hdg. Anyway I tried reinstalling the product and it now works. Sorry for the hassle.Jason Beringer