Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Setting V2 in MCP window, followed by V2+20

Folks:I bought FS2Crew (great, BTW) and I have been much more "procedural" ever since.However, I can't make the -8/900 do something that FS2Crew directs.I set V2 in the MCP window prior to T/O. Then, following liftoff, FS2Crew states to "click the MCP speed increase button once so V2+20 appears in the MCP speed window."Any idea what they're talking about? The only button I know of is the SPD button, and when I press the SPD button nothing happens. So... when I press it a second time, all hell breaks loose because I go into SPD hold at like V2+20 and the A/T pulls the power back, and.... well, I'm sure you can imagine that I get ###### because my procedurally correct T/O just got shafted.Anyway, it's not a big deal because V2+20 is not really that hard to calculate in your head (plus you have the V2+15 white bug).Thnx,James

Guest lbb

Hi James,It's not the speed button, but the speed knob or dial or whatever you call it (?) with which you actually set the speed. Suppose V2 is 120 kts, the moment you want to set the speed to 121 kts it will skip 20 kts and go to 140 kts. Makes the operation easier while you're busy doing other things.At least that's the RW idea, I can't recall at this moment if PMDG has this feature.Leo Bakker

Leo:Great, thanks, I'll click it once and see if V2+20 is displayed.Thanks,James

Why of course it does Leo ;-), once someone explores all the rw A/P they will be pretty impressed..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest lbb

Well, naturally, I didn't really doubt it :-)It's just that I wasn't completely sure and would hate for someone to spend the entire Sunday fruitlessly clicking a button :-)Leo Bakker

Guest meyomyx

... the night he discovered South Park :)

Guest BlackDog

As I recall, once you engage LNAV with the AP it automatically increases the speed setting in the MCP by 20. Am I correct on that, I did I just dream that up?

>As I recall, once you engage LNAV with the AP it>automatically increases the speed setting in the MCP by 20. >Am I correct on that, I did I just dream that up? No sir, I think you mean LVL CH in CMD. In TOGA and a CMD is engaged, LVL CH is automatically enaged as the pitch mode with the jump to V2 + 20. VNAV should jump to TARGET (250 climb normally without restrictions) unless one has not retracted their flaps. LNAV is a lateral mode. And what FSCrew is asking is you to do here is NOT the only way to perform a proper takeoff correctly, it's just their way to work with their program which is also correct in rl.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |