Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Problems with back-to-back flights in NG with FMC

After a flawless FMC flight KIAD-KBOS in the default PMDG 800NG, I turned around on the ground, built a plan for KBOS-KEWR and took off in the same a/c. It had a rocky start and ended badly. I was unable to re-arm LNAV on the ground prior to liftoff and I was unable to activate it until passing about 5000' after I'd activated VNAV successfully. Climb to cruise went fine and cruise went fine too.Descent started great but shortly after it commenced, the FMC waypoints data for KEWR ILS 22L fell out of the FMC for no apparent reason and gave me crazy readings for approach waypoints. I re-input the data and this caused a massive and clearly erroneous deviation to occur in the vertical descent indicator. VNAV disconnected and I was kicked into CWS. I then got UNABLE CRZ ALT readings for some time until deciding to pack in the flight and exit FS9.Is one supposed to "re-cycle" the NG in some manner after landing from one FMC flight and before starting another one in the same sim session (and in the same a/c)? Is my experience unusual or normal?Appreciate any advice, thanks!Jonathan

From my experiences you must disconnect the A/P using the disconect bar once at the gate. Also make sure that your A/T and flight director are turned off. This resets the A/P and I have never had a problem flying back to back flights.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Also, make sure to first clear the previous route (Delete Key + RTE 1 LSK).I like to fly short 200-500 nm flights and I frequently fly the return flight, never had any problems with the PMDG FMC/CDU.Best regards,Kerke :-waveKMIA

OK, gentlemen, thanks for your posts, I shall try as you suggest.Jonathan

You should be able to use reverse route through the FMC but always go over the route with a fine tooth comb before leaving. I am pretty sure (or hope) the manuals cover this aspect (reverse routing)...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |