Sign in to follow this  
kerke

Best kept secret (and FREE)

I am starting to use the free "ROUTEFINDER flight planning services" located at http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ more than any other flight planner.Here's a sample flight plan for one of my frequent PMDG 738NG flights:---------------------------------------------------------------------88648 fixes and 67166 airway segments in databaseSolution found after 74 iterations, elapsed time: 0 seconds.Computed route from MIAMI INTL (KMIA, K7) to HARTSFIELD JACKSON ATLANTA INTK7 (KATL, K7): 7 fixes, 521.7 nautical milesCruise altitude between FL290 and FL330KMIA (0.0nm) -MIA9-> HEDLY (50.2nm) -J53-> PHK (63.2nm) -J81-> OHENU (131.7nm) -J53-> ORL (174.3nm) -J81-> VQQ (278.7nm) -SINCA3-> KATL (521.7nm) Details:---------------------------------------------------------------------ID FREQ HDG DIST Coords Name/RemarksKMIA 0 0 N25

Guest CA7719B

WOW! I like it alot. Infact, I'm going to add that link to my modified dashboard.Thank you very much,Randy Oldfield

Guest Albion

KerkeCan you import flight plan direct into PMDG 737 Flight computer?

>Kerke>>Can you import flight plan direct into PMDG 737 Flight>computer?If you're referring to importing flight plans from the http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ site into the PMDG FMC, the answer is no.What I do is, I use http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ to get my route, then I manually enter it on the PMDG FMC/CDU and "save" it from the RTE page. Since I find myself flying a handfull of routes over again, I just load it from the FMC/CDU (CO ROUTE) and re-use it.I just wonder if there is any flight flanner or utility out there where I can just paste a flight plan like "MIA..WINCO.J73.LAL..CTY.J91.ATL.J89.KURTZ..VHP..OKK.OKK1.ORD"and have it convert it to a PMDG FMC file? That would be most excellent!KerkeKMIA

Guest DrJimi

Ernie's FSBUILD2 is worth every penny.For amusement, if you feel like a 30 minute flight into the 'unknown' in a 737, try the following:KLAS.MCCRN2.BTY.J92.LIDAT..TPH206010..TPH..TNXReturn flight is:TNX..TPH..TPH206010..LIDAT.J92.BTY.FUZZY6.KLASFor best realism paint your 737 white with red stripes, cruise at FL240, and change your callsign to "Janet".I also tried KLAS..FIDOE..LAS294052..BTY060030..TNX but disappeared from ATC radar somewhere between Yucca Flats (NV11) and Alamo Landing (L92) :-)NOTE: should you wish to try the above, note that FSBUILD has TNX listed as KTNX. So use KTNX in FSBUILD, then edit the RTE and PLN files to change the references to be TNX. Else the FMC won't understand.

Guest CA7719B

>Ernie's FSBUILD2 is worth every penny.>>For amusement, if you feel like a 30 minute flight into the>'unknown' in a 737, try the following:>>KLAS.MCCRN2.BTY.J92.LIDAT..TPH206010..TPH..TNX>>Return flight is:>>TNX..TPH..TPH206010..LIDAT.J92.BTY.FUZZY6.KLAS>>For best realism paint your 737 white with red stripes, cruise>at FL240, and change your callsign to "Janet".>>I also tried KLAS..FIDOE..LAS294052..BTY060030..TNX but>disappeared from ATC radar somewhere between Yucca Flats>(NV11) and Alamo Landing (L92) :-)>>NOTE: should you wish to try the above, note that FSBUILD has>TNX listed as KTNX. So use KTNX in FSBUILD, then edit the RTE>and PLN files to change the references to be TNX. Else the FMC>won't understand.LOL! Be on the lookout for black helicopters soon. ;-)Randy Oldfield

Guest captbulldog 2

I already like www.fltplan.comThanks anyway

Good link but I have my doubts about its accuracy at least on the trans-Pacific long haul routes. I quickly tested this program on the KLAX-VHHH route and it gave me weird routing over the land. I am bit familiar with this route since I fly it occasionally as a passenger.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Meh, ive been using that for years. Still great thou. Oh for those really long flights, just type in the route at the bottom with 10 or so waypoints.