Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

PMDG 737 NG 800/900

Guest gremel

I wish to purchase the above referenced software but have a slow 56k modem and have heard 'horror stories' from people who have had problems downloading and getting dumped off their servers and not being able to connect up again. It is my understanding that PMDG does not have any software affiliations that will support them with download accelerators & redial capabilities if you get dumped by your ISP.I currently have 'DAP' as an accelerator software add-on and I'm wandering if anybody has downloaded the 800/900 with an accelerator that has redial capability and has been successful. It appears that the 'CD version' has been moved back by Aerosoft.com to the Jan/Feb timeframe and I was interested in purchasing it from them or Pcaviator, but now I'm not sure if the 'CD version' will be available until next year sometime, and even then, it could be moved out again...Can anyone advise me what to do outside of getting a cable modem or what accelerator software might work for a download of this magnitude? Your comments/suggestions would be most helpful and appreciated by me.Thanks & regards,jack

I downloaded either the 600/700 or one of the patches with DAP I can't remember which one. That was over a year ago though sorry I couldn't be more help.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest gremel

Jeremy,Thanks anyways for your reply. Anybody else have anymore information as to how I might download the 800/900 without experiencing a dropped ISP connection and not being able to complete the download?Regards,jack

I believe many folks have DL without issues of late. There WILL BE a CD version coming shortly for the 800-900....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest gremel

Thanks Randy. I emailed Aerosoft.com and they emailed me back that the CD version of the 800/900 was supposed to be released on Nov.30th but that it was recently postponed to Jan/Feb 2005. With that being the case, do you know of any download accelerators that have worked in dowloading the 8/900 series. I purchased the 6/700 via CD from Aerosoft.com for your info but I've got to get the 800/900 to practice on before Apr 2005 in Seattle.Any suggestions & thanks again for your reply above.Regards,jack

Guest frankathl

EDIT: Posted on the wrong thread.Apologies,FrankHi Jack,Looks interesting, and at a nice price, but I am puzzled by the claim that it supports "Three modes of operation: CLOUD, PRECIP, STORM". My understanding is that WXR Radar detects precipitation only?I'm going to download the manual to learn more.BR,Frank

Guest gremel

I believe many folks have DL without issues of late.There WILL BE a CD version coming shortly for the 800-900....Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithAnd from Macbeth's Shakespeare, I quote: "Tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day until the last syllable of recorded time"....and from this I deduce that I will probably in all likely-hood never know the real meaning of the word "shortly"...Just kidding Randy..Any inkling as to what timeframe we are looking at for the CD version and who likely in addition to Aerosoft.com would be releasing it?Regards again,jack