Sign in to follow this  
rquick

800-900 takeoff/landing speeds

Greetings,After using the 600-700 series a while, I added on the 800-900 series and have a couple questions about some changes I noticed.-With a 900 series plane:The FMC no longer automatically computes take-off speeds. I'm assuming this is by design, but I just want to make sure.FMC computed landing speeds seem very high. Alway at least 195 knots (30deg flaps) even when landing with a minimum of fuel. Again maybe this is OK, but it seems like the attitude of the plane at that speed and flap setting is too far forward. I usually end up reducing speed for a ~3 degree pitch landing.Lastly, the tape speed indicator never goes below 45 knots even when on the ground with no wind.Any advice is appreciated.Regards,Bob Quick

1. Try different flap settings. If you are not getting anything with 5 try to put in 15. Also have a look at your ZFW to make sure that it is not too high. It sounds as though you have the bird weighted down too much. 2. Echo the above as far as the ZFW. You should be going alot slower than what that is telling you. 3. 45Knts is the minimum that the pitot tube will register(I think)

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Thanks for the response.ZFW is set to 94,580. So I've been entering 94.6 lbs in the FMC.You make me wonder though if the FMC is looking for KG by default. Which would be 43 kg.I'm going to check that now. I guess I will need to post a big 'never mind' if that turns out to be the case.Bob

Never mindI was using lbs while the default was kgs.In my own defense, I think NASA crashed a spacecraft on mars because of the same error. I least I did it on a simulator.Regards,Bob

Good I'm glad you have it sorted out. Have fun with the new toy now that it works right lol

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

>3. 45Knts is the minimum that the pitot tube will register(I>think)The pitot system gets rather useless below 45kts so there is no point in showing those values on the airspeed indicator.Below 45kts you have to use Groundspeed (GS) indication on the ND. That speed is not measured by the pitot system but is computed/measured by the Inertial Reference System (IRS).Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard