Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

I installed the new sid/star file and replaced my old one but.....

I have more files in my old one than my new sid/star cycle of/for this months cycle 0412.Can anyone clarify this for me there is a difference of about 12 files less in this month???

Guest stang

Hi Joe. I have noticed that sometimes there are more and sometimes there are less. The reasons for this fluctuation I do not know. I just convert what's there.RegardsTerry

So basically do you delete everything in that folder and then add the new sid star cycle or do you overwrite whats there which means it keeps the extra files??

Guest stang

>So basically do you delete everything in that folder and then>add the new sid star cycle or do you overwrite whats there>which means it keeps the extra files??Hi there Joe. Good question. Please read the " Updating Terminal Procedures explained.txt" file that I distributed with the 0412 cycle. This will get you on the right overall track. However, after your question here I may have to add to that file. 8^)By deleting the old cycle you will always be consistent with the current cycle but that does not necessarily mean those older "extra" files are no longer current. They may have just been accidentally skipped or overlooked and may even reappear in a later cycle. Only verifying them against the current paper product will provide that answer.Another strong, perhaps primary consideration is how you fly the 737NG. If you fly only off-line then I would think it more important to have as many procedures as possible, even if some are old procedures. However, if you fly on-line then it becomes important to use current procedures as that is what the controllers will expect. Anyway, now that you have identified the problem and the solution, the choice is yours. Sorry for the non-answer. It's a philosophy thing but, it really is up to you.Hope my round about explanation helps with your decision.RegardsTerry

Ok thanks for your help i'll overwrite and keep the extra files and see what the next cycle brings me, then I'll decide next time if i should wipe it all out and just put in the new cycle. I do have a backup so I will eventually check which airports it is that were extra from past cycles. Btw the 'read me first' says delete everything in the folder and 'updated terminal procedures' simply says to overwrite everything there which is how i found the extras from the old cycle.