Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

Santa here... listen up PMDG!

Yer old Santa has been getting alot of requests from some of the (older) children this year... a 747 or some such thing.Now, there is no way in heck me and the elves are gonna be able to fill all these orders if you guys don't get yer thumb out. Um depending on you to help keep "my" kiddies happy. Cause if they ain't happy, the misses ain't happy... need I say more!Come on fellas... you've never let old Santa down before... you don't want ta start now!Merry Christmas everyone!SantaOh... Johnny! I'm not gonna tell you again... Santa has never, and will never, bring you a Playboy Bunny. Try the Easter Rabbit... what... oh... Easter Bunny! Maybe the Tooth Fairy!?! But not me... got it!

Good post! LOLAlthough I can tell you, based on the tacked post above, that we won't see this thing before Christmas. There's just no way, it's not even beta yet and that eats a month or so.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

You're assuming the beta will be bug ridden though. Remember, this plane is starting with everything the NG already has and everything PMDG learned making it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>it's not even beta yet and that eats a month or so.A month or so???? Joking?Flight1's ATR beta lasted 8 (eight) months.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>>it's not even beta yet and that eats a month or so.>>A month or so???? Joking?>Flight1's ATR beta lasted 8 (eight) months.>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2But that was Flight1...Doesn't necessarily mean the same for PMDG.

>But that was Flight1...>>Doesn't necessarily mean the same for PMDG.True. Maybe it will not last 8 months but definitely not 1 month. Anybody who has ever been on the beta team knows that it is next to impossible for a project that complex as 747-400.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

What I really should have said was that beta would eat AT LEAST a month. Remember the 737 took a while, but not as long as some probably thought. The difference was it needed some major overhaul after the first release. I'm using that experience to assume PMDG will take more time to release the 747, thus more time on beta. ;)I'm PMDG's biggest fan, so I'm not being critical. I just know they're gonna be safer this time with their releases, simply because they don't want to hear people complaining about 747 bugs, and I don't blame them. That's just my feeling about how things will be, as I've had no contact with them. I do hope they don't take as long as Dreamfleet or Flight 1 however; One easily forgets about their projects since they take so long :-lol And I'm also a big Dreamfleet and Flight 1 fan too!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The reason why some beta take so long is that they should never go to beta to begin with. So if they do a reasonable good job during alfa then it will shorten the beta. My own opinion when the product is ready for beta is when the developer can't find any obvious errors. But this is often not the case and product is pushed to beta prematurely.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Gents-Please don't spend too much time conjecturing about how long is an acceptable beta period.....At PMDG we have spent less time in beta on each successive project because we spend more time in Alpha....Beta teams aren't always very good at finding minor detail flaws in an product as complex as a 747-400 simulation. There are some flaws that are obvious- and some that are not.... As such- we spend a significant amount of time in Alpha.The more you learn, the more you learn....No worries... If we can conduct a 5 minute beta- we will. If it takes 5 years....then so be it.....The measure of time really means nothing unless you know what else we are doing behind the scenes.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Any chance of releasing the manual before the plane? It would make the painful wait so much easier...... and cut down on the "read the manual posts" after release.I anticipate a no, but perhaps it's being considered.BobKMEM

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

On the NG it was the last item I believe to be finished. Of course PMDG have a better idea I believe on what they will implement for the 744 so who knows...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Talking of Santa, I'm surprised PMDG hasn't come up with a Santa complete with reindeers and sleigh for FS - it would be fun to fly - how do you set up a complete around the world in trip in less than 24 hrs - must be one hell of an FMC !!

I can't believe it... you kids robbed old Santa's post to PMDG. Let's see... hmmmm... one lump of coal or two?Santa