Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Back up Copy of FS2K2

Hi all, Today, I tried to make an archive copy of my MS2k Pro CD's so that I can store the originals off-site [something I try to do with all my software-prevents catastrophes]. Anyway, when I tried to install as a check, FS2K2 gave a message that it was 'unable to verify the media' and would not go any further. Has anyone else tried this and had the same error message?? Thanks for your time. Fred Zealor, Private PilotUnder looong final to 30 at KSAC

Guest SoarPics

Good evening, FredYep, can't copy those CD's. No doubt there are other folks here who can give you a more technical explanation, but the simple line is that they are protected. But I remember reading some time ago that it's pretty simple to bypass the protection (can't remember exactly how, but it seemed to be a simple trick... sorry, too many senior moments too close together). :-lol I'm out of 2Q3 outside of Davis. Don't know if 30 at KSAC would be a good choice right now... we're finally getting some of that precious delta breeze tonight :-kewl Regards,

Piece of cake, get the free demo clone cd, does the trick just fine.http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/download.html

Guest SoarPics

Thanks Seeenor Lightning, I knew someone (ok, then, anyone) would give him more info than I.Here's to ya :-beerchug

Thanks all. I thought that MS would copy protect (can't blame 'em, really) I just want to protect myself against loss of the disks.Gregg, I have only flown into/out of Yolo County once - on my checkride, no less!Fred Zealor, Private PilotUnder looong final to 30 at KSAC

Guest georgi55

Just for your info, if you damage your disk MS will replace them for free.I got my MSTS CDs screwed up and it took only 2 weeks to get free replacement in mailbox.(they will send you copy that says "UNLINCESED SOFTWARE - illegal without seperate license from Mictosoft")