Sign in to follow this  
Guest dude_wheres_my_744

Bending wings?

Guest dude_wheres_my_744

Hi guys/girlsi'm new here but i've beeen reading the posts in this forum. i noticed in the new 747-400 screenshots (in particular the take off screenie) that the PMDG 747-400 dosent have bending wings. I understand the 737NG doesnt have this but that's understandable because you can barely notice wing flex in flight but the 747-400 has much larger wings....surely wing flex should be modelled!Also i noticed the rear body bogies tilt more than the real 747-400.....

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Nameless,Its forum policy, set by PMDG, to sign your posts with your real name(first names should suffice). Its strange that you could show some great observation skills when looking at the screenshots but yet you failed to see the "Early Alpha Version" labelled clearly at the bottom of each page.To start asking suchs questions when the product has not even reached BETA is jumping the gun. It is the BETA teams job to point out if the bogeys are tilted too much or too little.I can now understand why PMDG rarely post new screenshots. John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest dude_wheres_my_744

gee whingers whingers whingers.Tony

Guest fleischer

>That's rich coming from the person with 2 posts to his name,>his first post criticising a product which is only MID-ALPHA.>>TROLL >>>John >>http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPG>www.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com>Staff ReviewerDear John !I think it wasn't ment negative. It is even positive for PMDG to release screenshots and get feedback or critic related to the product.It is correct that the model looks unreal without flexing wings and some other things, it won't be the best 747-400 on market without some corrections. Everyone knows that it is in still alpha, but i think PMDG welcomes any kind of comment related to the Project, no matter if positive or negative. They still have some time to correct it and make it the best 747-400 as they wanted to do.ThanlsMarcello

Thanks for the input, Tony.I'll be sure to check the angles in the beta when mine arrives. My sources tell me that the body gear tilt is 7deg 19minutes and the wing gear tilt is 51.7 degrees (don't ask me why one is quoted as a decimal and one in minutes). I've also seen values of 7 and 8 degrees for the body gear and 53, 51.45 and 51.75 degrees for the wing gear quoted in Boeing Manuals. Some values, however, refer to the gear when it is stowed and others when it is drooping down.As you can see, we have plenty of angles to choose from ;-)Cheers.Ian.

I noticed that the 23rd window (lower deck) was slightly darker than the 12th window. Also I believe the body gear tilt is actually a solid 8 degrees. However when caculating the angle from 145 yards away at a reference height of 34 meters (Pie times Beta) it maybe that you are correct (7 degrees 19minutes).Another thing I have been pondering....will this aircraft simulate chem-trails? I sure hope so. Me and my pal Art Bell were thinking, while smokin' some good stuff, that proper chem-trail simulation is essentail. Forget all that dew point, temperature condensation crap.One last thing: While remote viewing, I had a vision from the 64th parallel. The final version will most likely have wing flex.Don't get hit by a bus now,Mike Brown

Mike-Ah- you get todays award for making me laugh the hardest....hahahahahah.......Chem Trails.... Yikes..... Talk about people who need to spend less time on the computer and more time interacting with the real world. I had never heard of Chem Trails until a passenger poked his head into the cockpit after landing at IAD one day and told me that he had gotten a great photograph of the chemicals coming out of the wing tanks before landing- and wanted to know if I'd tell him where the chemicals were loaded....Unfortunately- my "blank stare" probably didn't put his mind at ease... I just wish the government paycheck that these folks allege I'm getting would show up in the mail... Could use it to buy my wife something nice for Christmas! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOkay- on a more serious note- yes- we do pay attention to such things as 7degrees 19minutes... Why? Becuase that's the way we are...I have more than 2200 pages of documentation on the electrical system on this airplane.... So, yes- it's a pretty complete simulation. ;-)RSR

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Nameless-Welcome to the PMDG forum. Please read and adhere to the forum guidelines as pinned near the top of the forum. Thanks!The model is early in alpha- and is almost completely un-animated. We are using custom animation routines that get written much later in the process....No worries- we've seen a few 747's in our time...On a side note- as a general rule we don't do anything without documentation at PMDG. We have a very good relationship with the manufacturer, and we have more engineering information on this airplane than most of the airlines that operate the bird.... So please don't worry about our expertise level on the subject matter. We *do* know what we are doing.... we promise!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest dude_wheres_my_744

to the ba virtual thingee-ma-jig guy:not being critical at all, just trying to get my message across and making a couple of observations from the screenies PMDG have posted so far. i love my PMDG planes too.

>Also I believe the body gear tilt is actually a solid 8 degrees. However when caculating the angle from 145 yards away at a reference height of 34 meters (Pie times Beta) it maybe that you are correct (7 degrees 19minutes).Just in case the original poster thought we were taking the mickey...http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/GearTilt.gifNote Mr. Randazzo kicking the tyres in the bottom right hand corner (as pilots often do) :(Cheers.Ian.

Guest dude_wheres_my_744

opps forgot again!tony

Hey Ian... this looks like great documentation for the gear tilt, but it is completely misleading in the depiction of the tire bulge! :-lolOk... ducking for cover once again!