Sign in to follow this  
Guest ProjectXWinds

PMDG 747 External Model

Guest ProjectXWinds

Hello everyone,I was just talking with some fellow simmers, and looking at the brand new screenshots for the 747. We were wondering, is the external model completed? In any of the pictures, i don't see the flaps extended at all....Is that just that during any of the external screenshots, the flaps wern't extended, or is it that the model isn't completed? Also, just out of curosity, will the 747 have flexing wings? I know these wern't part of the 737 model, but will it be part of the 744? Thanks!I know that you guys have a far way to go in completing the product, and it looks great so far! I especially must commend your work on the VC. Thanks for everything, PMDG!ProjectXWinds

Welcome to the PMDG forum. When visiting, please take a moment ot review the forum guidlines which have a section on signing one's name to thier posts. Of course you were not aware of this requirement so this is just a friendly reminder. Thank you for your cooperation. As for your question, these are alpha shots and one reason PMDG tend to shy away from presenting early screenshots to the public at large. If you re-read the thread you would have found one comment about the realistic flaps extension time that seem to take forever which of course is more realistically modelled than any other currently out there....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

>Also, just out of curosity, will the 747 have flexing wings?Is anyone out there in the FS world that provides this feature? I don't know, I am asking. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest niceguy2782

Michael,There are loads of freeware and payware groups that have modelled wing flex into their aircraft models. I'm pretty sure the PMSG bird will have wing flex too, but I woudn't know for sure.

Guest Marc Harrington

The model you see is not animated yet (except for the gear), that's why none of the screenshots show the flaps extended.

Guest ProjectXWinds

Thanks guys for your replies!Marc, Thank you for letting you know. I did know that the product is in the alpha stage, but I did see the gear in/out so thats why I was wondering. Thanks everyone again,John Speranzaaka ProjectXWinds

>>There are loads of freeware and payware groups that have>modelled wing flex into their aircraft models. I am however suspicious. Ok, say the wing is capable of flexing, but does it flex correctly at the right time or it is just an eye candy with "no substance" as Randy would put it. Because wing flexing is a highly dynamic event caused by the forces getting out of equilibrium, there is deep physics involved here and unless it is all modeled correctly (I doubt it) I am afraid it can be a highly cartoonish effect.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2