Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

PMDG's NG and memory problems with FS 9.1

PMDG team,Seems I am not the only one that has developed a huge memory issue with the PMDG NG post FS9 patch. See this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchI have already done through testing on my system and there is no errant landclass files anywhere. If you read my post on the thread I have refrenced, you can see that something is amiss somewhere...I just don't know where. If I was the only one having these problems, I would not have said anything but two others have similar issues since installing the 9.1 patch. I have XP SP2 and Direct X 9.0c as well. The only thing I can think of is the PMDGoptions.dll? Any thoughts from the team on this would be appreciated.

Eric 

I can't say I've noticed any problems. Seems to be working just fine for me.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Well thats great for you but this thread was not meant for people that have it working without "any problems". Users other than yourself have developed problems with the NG and I would encourage those to post here.

Eric 

I don't get why it should be the PMDG 737 fault.... seems like somendoy else has it... Seems much more like a scenery leak... do you have an empty texture folder somewhere? Just used FS9.1 with the PMDG the shole weekend at a show and the only crashes we had were due to multiplayer software.Luca

>Well thats great for you but this thread was not meant for>people that have it working without "any problems". Users>other than yourself have developed problems with the NG and I>would encourage those to post here. No need to be be an a$$hole to me for posting what I did. If I'm not having any problems, then how are you so sure it's the PMDG 737 that is causing it? In other words, it's not a widespread issue. Yours is the first I've heard of this. Besides, I said I don't think I'm having this problem, as I haven't flown too much after the patch. Maybe I haven't noticed it?I'm not sure what it is with a few users lately, but this forum has gotten pissy lately. It's getting tired. Maybe a few of you are PMSing about the 747, but this forum used to be full of friendly discussion and any posts to the contrary were ignored for the most part.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest ben_hewitt

I was having the same problem, since i installed the 9.1 patch I lost about 7/8fps with the PMDG 737. I uninstalled it last week and it works perfectly again...guess I will just have to do without the 9.1 patch...

Guest 320MAD

Hey gang,I hav not noticed this problem. I will uninstall the SP9.1 and see if I get and FPS increase just as a test. One thing that does kill FPS with the PMDG are weather addons due to the cloud layers.320MAD

Miss. 320MADPlease take two minutes and read through the forum guidelines anchored just below the entrance.>One thing that does kill FPS with the PMDG are weather addons due to >the cloud layers.Clouds will kill fram rates with any aircraft, add-on or not, or with or without weather add-on. You can easy up the workload somewhat by using the FPSFix cloud set released by Chris Willis.Cheers,

Guest Squawk4477

Thanks for starting this thread,PMDG738NG and Activesky 4.5 I can fly for about 2 hours max before FS9 locks-up to a black screen, then Error messages out.* Tried many experiments via WideFS and local, no Activesky flight plan ( route smoothing ). FSMeteo seems to be ok ) Weird thing is before PMDG upgrade FS9 flew fine with the Flight1 C152 on Vatsim for a solid year..(pre FS9.1 though)Lately have been experiencing routine crash to desktops w/o any messages or have received the following Errors:D3D9.dllvisualfx.dllG2D.dllterrain.dllWhile on VATSIM/Squawkbox/AVC:[Current Config]FS9.1, XPsp2,DX 9.c INTEL P4 3ghz1gig SDRAMATI 9700 pro (current drivers)twin 80GB harddrives[Add On's]PMDG8/900 (duh)Activesky 4.5 B147USA RoadsSimflyers JFK/DFW/LAS/LAX/ORDFS2Crew ( crash w/wo )Lago FSSEActive Camera (crash w/wo) FS Genesis US mesh'sThanks very much for any help!Cheers,-Alex

Guest 320MAD

Yes mate granted, but the quailty is much lower than the default FS clouds. Do the new sets Sky World ones make any difference?320MAd

Lately have been experiencing routine crash to desktops w/o any messages or have received the following Errors:D3D9.dllvisualfx.dllG2D.dllterrain.dllInteresting... I'm getting a few of these messages and CTD's in another sim (so the problem is not specifically PMDG-related). I was starting to think I had a computer problem (still a possibility, I guess).Hope there's a simple fix to this...Cheers.Ian.