Sign in to follow this  
Guest TELCO1

Need Help on a Couple of Items

Guest TELCO1

Hi,I finally caved in and upgraded to FS9 (FS9.1 to be exact) from FS2002 and purchased the PMDG 737NG 600/700 (CD Version). No major complications on the installs and I've spent the last couple of days doing some tweaking as well as learning the ins and outs of the 737. The sim overall runs great, but there are a couple of questions I have that I can't find the answers to, and/or just need some advice.1) Views using the keypad - I want to lock the views in FS9 when using my keypad instead of it snapping back to the forward view like I did in FS2002. I can't find how to do this anywhere. Can someone tell me how?2) PMDG 737NG - I've read somewhere in the PMDG Support Forum that the 600/700 isn't quite 100% multi-monitor supported. I use two monitors. No issues with having the Throttle, FMC, and Radios undocked and moved to the second monitor. However, the Overhead Panel is another matter. The issue is that when I undock it and move it over, I loose the main panel. I can bring it back with the keyboard commands, but the main panel doesn't operate properly. Any suggestions here, or do I have to live with it?3) I'm of the understanding that the new 737's from PMDG have full multi-monitor support. Is this correct?Any and all suggestions are appreciated.Thanks in advance,Lawrie

Some As to your Qs1. Use some combination of CTRL+NUMLOCK # I think. And release the NUMLOCK key before CTRL?2. In what way does the main panel not work properly? I was running the whole beta testing on two monitors for the 600/700. And can't remember having any major problems. Open up the O/H with the SHIFT+5(?) key and you still have the main panel there.3. For the 800/900 upgrade you have an option in the PMDG menu for multimonitor support. Works great!Hope it helps,

Guest TELCO1

Hi Mats,Thanks for getting back to me.>1. Use some combination of CTRL+NUMLOCK # I think. And release>the NUMLOCK key before CTRL?I remember that in FS2002, you could prevent the views from snapping back by adding the number "9" to the "view" lines in the FS2002.cfg file. I tried doing this in FS9 but it didn't quite work. I'll try your suggestion though, but I was just wondering if there's some that can be done within the cfg file.>2. In what way does the main panel not work properly? I was>running the whole beta testing on two monitors for the>600/700. And can't remember having any major problems. Open up>the O/H with the SHIFT+5(?) key and you still have the main>panel there.Here's what I did:1) Starting from the cockpit view, I bring up and undock the radios, throttle quadrant and FMC. I then drag them over to the second monitor and resize then accordingly. So far so good. What I have found interesting and worth mentioning is that when I come back to a saved flight and bring up the radio and throttle, both will automatically be placed undocked, in the exact position and size on the second monitor where I had left off. With the FMC, I have to undock, drag and resize every time. 2) I then bring up, undock, and drag the overhead panel to the second monitor. When looking at the second monitor, the overhead panel is on top of the throttle/radio/ FMC displays. When you look at the main monitor, the main panel is gone.3) SHIFT-2 brings up the main panel. SHIFT-7 opens and closes the overhead panel. All this seems to work fine.4) The problem is that whenever I hit SHIFT-7 to open and close the overhead panel, I have to also hit SHIFT-2 to close and reopen the main panel to see everything working. As an example, when I do my initial cockpit setup, although all the power is flowing, the main panel will be dark until I open and close and reopen it. When I start the engines, the IGN switch is turned to ground, but the N2 display will not do anything until I close and reopen the panel.>3. For the 800/900 upgrade you have an option in the PMDG menu>for multimonitor support. Works great!It's nice to know that the upgrade works great. If I can't find a fix, I'll probably have to upgrade, but so far I'm enjoying the plane.Any further thoughts would be appreciated,Lawrie

Guest TELCO1

Hi,Just as a follow to my original post, and after spending a few days now getting used to the 737NG-700, I've discovered a couple of interesting things.1) Regarding the views - I found that when I switch to the VC and pan to the left as an example (using the hat switch on my yoke), then switch back to the normal panel mode, when I return to the VC, the view is exactly where I left it. No need to find a way lock the keyboard views. Most of you who have been flying the aircraft for some time probably already know this.2) Regarding the Overhead Panel - I still lose the main panel when I switch to the overhead panel that is residing on my second monitor, hence still the need to hit SHIFT-2 to bring back the main panel. I discovered that when I resized the overhead panel to better fit the 17" screen (my main is 19"), that I got back the functionality on the main panel without constantly refreshing it. This happened totally by accident and I couldn't tell you why.....but it works and I'm a happy guy :)I have to say that I held off upgrading to FS9 from FS2002 because I enjoyed flying the PIC767 so much. The 737NG has turned out to be just as enjoyable to fly and more than a suitable replacement. FS9 rules as well. I added Rob Barendregt's pushback gauge, and FS Skyworld 2004 yesterday and now I'm all set.This is too much fun!Lawrie

Guest Popart

About the views...add this to your fs9.cfg (overwrite old settings):VIEW_FORWARD=38,9VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT=33,9VIEW_RIGHT=39,9VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=34,9VIEW_REAR=40,9VIEW_REAR_LEFT=35,9VIEW_LEFT=37,9VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=36,9VIEW_DOWN=12,9It works for me!

Guest TELCO1

>About the views...add this to your fs9.cfg (overwrite old>settings):>>VIEW_FORWARD=38,9>VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT=33,9>VIEW_RIGHT=39,9>VIEW_REAR_RIGHT=34,9>VIEW_REAR=40,9>VIEW_REAR_LEFT=35,9>VIEW_LEFT=37,9>VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=36,9>VIEW_DOWN=12,9>>It works for me!Thanks...did the trick.Lawrie

Guest tango_d

Hi Laurie,I've just got myself an extra monitor and am having a little trouble setting up. Can you or anyone help ?I'm running the 600/700 series too on an Nvidia GF4 Ti4200 that supports nView dual etc. I am able to drag and drop the radio stack, throttle quad, and the overhead over to second screen, but not the FMC.I can drag it so that half of the FMC is showing on Mon1, but when I try to take it fully over to Mon2 it just disappears. The whole process seems a bit hit and miss.You mention undocking, but this is greyed out for me. But, I'm able to just drag the radio and overhead etc anyway - Am I missing something obvious here....?Thanks in advance for your helpRegardsEddy

Guest TELCO1

Hi Eddy,The first thing to check is your display settings for your video card and in the display settings in FS9. Make sure that both monitors are set to the same resolution. My setup is 1024x768 32 bit colour for both monitors in FS9.>I am able to drag and drop the radio stack, throttle quad, and>the overhead over to second screen, but not the FMC.I can drag it so >that half of the FMC is showing on Mon1, but>when I try to take it fully over to Mon2 it just disappears.>The whole process seems a bit hit and miss.>You mention undocking, but this is greyed out for me. But, I'm>able to just drag the radio and overhead etc anyway - Am I>missing something obvious here....?In order for you to have dragged the radio, throttles, and OH panel to the second monitor, you had to have undocked them first. When you bring up the FMC and you right click on it (bringing up the menu) and you click on "Undock", what happens? It should suround itself in a border (blue in my case) to which now, you can resize and drag it wherever you want.So....I would start with the display settings first, then we can take it from there (if that doesn't solve the problem). I have noticed that the FMC does work a bit differently in contract with the other windows. For example, when I'm finished a flight, I close all the windows and clear the weather do that FS9 loads faster when I return to the saved situation. Now I return and load the saved flight. When I bring up the OH/Throttle etc., the windows are already undocked and residing on my second monitor, hence saved with the situation. I do have to hit SHIFT-2 to bring up the main panel, but the FMC has to be undocked and moved again every time. It doesn't get saved for some reason. I suspect your problem it has something to do with your dislay settings between the two monitors.Hope it helps,Lawrie

Guest tango_d

Hi Laurie,Thanks for such taking the time to reply and so quickly !!Display settings and res' were both set same.But....and OK - I was not initially aware that you had to go to windowed mode first and therefore undocking thru' right click was greyed out.I have gone to windowed mode and undocked per your instructions and moved, with ease, the panels including FMC - Yippee :-) However, having laid the screens out to my liking, when I switch back to full screen, just the overhead remains on Mon2.... The FMC and Radio Stack are back on Mon1 :-hmmmThe overhead also resizes itself back to fill the screen of Mon2.Your help is very much appreciated....Best RegardsEddy Nichol

Guest TELCO1

Hi Eddy,>Thanks for such taking the time to reply and so quickly !!My pleasue. I work out of a home office, so I can get to these things pretty quick while working.>Display settings and res' were both set same.>But....and OK - I was not initially aware that you had to go>to windowed mode first and therefore undocking thru' right>click was greyed out.Oh ya...forgot about that. I don't fly at all in fullscreen mode mostly because of VATSIM. I'm just so used to flying in windowed mode, but I'm glad that the solution for you was an easy one. If you're like me, I'd rather be flying than tweaking.>However, having laid the screens out to my liking, when I>switch back to full screen, just the overhead remains on>Mon2.... The FMC and Radio Stack are back on Mon1 :-hmmmFrom what I've been told, the new PMDG-737 800/900 comes with full multi-monitor support. I don't know is this also means fullscreen support as well, but like I mentioned earlier, I never fly in fullscreen mode.At least now you can enjoy that second monitor. I've only went to a second monitor about 6 months ago. I don't know how I flew all these years without it.Ragards,Lawrie

Guest tango_d

Hi Lawrie,I guess I'll probably end up buying 800 series when CD version comes out shortly for the multi support etc. Running out of the green stuff at moment with Xmas looming x( If anyone has a work around for this - would be useful though (until I get paid again :-lol )My Thanks again,RegardsEddy Nichol(North Wales - UK)