Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737tromso

How can I get the ATC "online" to my planned route?

Guest 737tromso

First of all, thanks to PMDG for the great 737 birds. They are wonderful!! I'm looking forward to the 747.I'm not flying online and have problems with the ATC. I want it to cooperate with my planned route. Is it possible at all? I have read about FSBuild and FSNav. Is one of them the solution? (You don't need to tell me advantages and disadvantages about them, I have read another thread about them). I can't find the information I need, so please tell me if this question have been asked before and where I can read about it?RegardsRaymond BertheussenNorway

Guest Ross

If you use FSBuild to plan your route, you can export it to the PMDG Flight Management Computer and also to FS2004/2002.You need to load a flightplan in the FS2004 flight planner to get ATC to co-operate with you. FSBuild makes this easy by exporting identical plans to both FS and the NGs FMC. If you don't load a flight plan to the FS2004 flight planner, ATC will assume you are a VFR flight and will deny takeoff and landing permission in IFR weather conditions.

Guest Stanner1953

Hello,I had the same question when I first started with PMDG 737.I use FS Build. 1. In FS Build you select the aircraft,and the payload in lbs. (this is the weight of the crew, passengers, and cargo), the departure airport and the arrival airport.2. You first select where you want to Flight plan exported to. You check off 737NG and ALSO FS2004. 3. After the plan is prepared by FS Build it automatically will export it to where you previously selected. You can print a copy of the flight route.4. When you start FS9 you go to the departure airport. When you open up your FMC you should see your flight plan under flight plans.ALSO you then need to open the FS9 flight planner and LOAD THE SAME PLAN. When flight planner asks you do you want to go to the departure airport CLICK NO, since you are there already. Now both the flight plan on the FMC and FS9 will have the same routing.To get FS9 Air traffic controller to work, you must load the FS9 plan. However, the ATC usually does not follow the altitudes in your plans, as well as the approach. However, this will enable you to fly the 737NG with the FMC and also have ATC guidance.Regards,Stanner

there is a freeware program to take any fs flightplan and convert it for use in PMDG.it works very wellsearch this forum, you will find out about PLN2RTE

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest 737tromso

Thank you so much. I have purcased and installed FSBuild. It works, but I realize I can't use dynamic weather because the ATC of course, will tell me to land with headwind. Any comments?RegardsRaymond BertheussenNorway

Guest psouthan

Just Curoius but is it possible to get rid of the female voices in the FS9 ATC? Don't wish to sound sexist here it's just that frankly, they don't sound authentic!

Guest griffinflying

Really? One of the female voices is dead on for the woman who works the tower at KSCH. Only difference is that the computer voice doesn't rip you a new one if you mess up and fail to report properly.

Not sure I understand your problem since landing with a headwind is normally a good thing. ;)I suspect that you mean that by using real world weather the winds can change from when you did the planning and this means that any STAR that you have in the filed flightplan is erroneuous? Well, just go with the flow, you

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest 737tromso

Yes, I know landing with headwind is a good thing and the problem is like what you describe, the wind may change in real world weather and may make a conflict with my planned route. I should better turn off real world weather and maybe the Fs9 ATC as well, and use watsim instead. By the way I notice you are flying for SAS virtual, do you have any idea when they start to reqruit new pilots?Thanks for answering. (My english is sometimes to misunderstand, you have maybe prefered norwegian? :-) )Raymond Bertheussen(Still seaching a new job as virtual captain)