Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

PMDG B737-600/700 Screetching Sounds!

Guest CHRISH

I have a Soundblaster Live card all with the latest drivers. I have reduced sound quality to low in FS9 and in Directx 9. But the screetch goes on!All my other aircraft are fine in FS9. Even PMDG in FS2002 has no sound issues, it only relates to FS(.Has anyone any idea's, as this is driving me crazy ?Best Wishes and many thanks,Chris

Guest Juzzflyer

G'day Chris,Check out post "737 Sound Issues"#71550, "RE: 737 sound issues"In response to Reply # 3 I also have a soundblaster live card in one of my PC's. (Never again) and u need to change drivers to get it to work properly. However, in my experience, the newest driver available wasn't necessarily the one that woked best (for me) from memory.Ok....have found what the one that eventually worked for me correctly.Driver Date 24/07/2002Driver version 5.12.2.252After uninstalling drivers and reinstalling new ones then configuring then testing then much bashing of head against the wall and rather obscene language etc etc blah blah, I now dont dare try and update it."If it ain't broke, don't fix it."Good luckCheers,Justin Cooper

Guest CHRISH

Many Thanks Justin.I havent got a clue what I am meant to do I am afraid. I am not sure which SB Live I have ? I have serahed the driver base and cant find the driver,Best Wishes,Chris

Guest CHRISH

Many Thanks Justin.I havent got a clue what I am meant to do I am afraid. I am not sure which SB Live I have ? I have serahed the driver base and cant find the driver,Best Wishes,Chris

Guest Juzzflyer

Hi Chris,Im not sure how you check which model you have...you may have to open up the computer cover and see whether it is actually on the card.Drivers and software are available from herehttp://us.creative.com/support/downloads/I notice there is a discussion forum on the site also....i have never been there, I wish I had noticed it when i was having the troubles myself!Good luck.

Guest CHRISH

Thanks Justin,Much appreciated.Best Wishes,chris