Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARTY

Fuel Planner Query

Guest MARTY

Hi, I have downloaded PMDG 737NG fuel planner, and I'm not too sure how it works. Having entered PAX and Cargo weight etc and activated the 'Board Fuel' button, does the program go directly to the 737's FMC or to FS9's fuel and load facility? It certainly doesn't seem to appear on the FMC at present. Your assistance would be much appreciated:-( Thanks Marty

Guest elvisonit

as far as I know, the "board fuel" actually loads the fuel into the plane's tanks. of course, you must already have the plane sitting at the airport for it to work.

Guest MARTY

Hi, Still experiencing difficulties refuelling. The FMC is not showing the amount of fuel loaded from the Fuel Planner. After positioning the aircraft at the gate with the Fuel Planner still showing, I activate the 'Board Fuel' button and receive confirmation that the fuel has been loaded. Not so. I've tried when the aircraft is cold and, after switching on the batteries--still no joy. There must be a simple solution to this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Marty:-(

Guest meyomyx

MartyShouldn't be a problem of course.Forget the FMC for the moment. When you board the fuel (whatever state the aircraft is on the ground) check your fuel quntities on the central engine display - bottom left. It should reflect what you have just loaded (remembering that the central tanks will only be filled when the wing tanks are full).Make sure the aircraft is loaded.Now fire up the FMC and program your route. When you get to the PERF INIT page, remember to click the top left LSK to populate the FMC entry with weight information. The next line down should give you fuel quantity and the third line - the ZFW.The amount of that fuel you have allocated as reserves must be entered in manually.This should work for you

Guest MARTY

Cheers Nick, Will try that and let you know. Happy Christmas. Marty Deal Kent

Guest MARTY

Nick, Problem solved--I think that I've been getting false 'low on fuel' signals from FS9. 737 NG 800 fuel guage indicators are now responding to 'board fuel' button on fuel planner. Thanks again Marty (PS Stayed at Ventor last year--love it) :)

Guest meyomyx

Yep, we have a little bit of "nice" here!Glad you're sorted

>It should reflect what you have just loaded (remembering that the>central tanks will only be filled when the wing tanks are>full).>The planner will dump 1000 lbs of fuel into the central tank to prevent exposing wiring that could cause an explosion ala TWA 800.Andy b