Sign in to follow this  
Guest mangold

AP use after stop and go.

Guest mangold

Hello.after a stop and go the AP reacts unreliable for a while.Which of the operation manuals coveres this issue.Any adjacent thread somewhere?How to have a sound AP after landing, stop and go again?G

Guest meyomyx

It happens after a flight reset also.As part of your preflight, pull the disconnect bar and then push it back in again. This seems to "reset" the autopilot.Maybe this helps?

It is because once you are in appraoch mode you can only get out of that mode by1] Pushing a TOGA'2] Retuning a NAV3] Turning off the A/P AND the F/Ds..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest cfm56

When I use the pmdg 739, i get a ridiculus 20* nose down pitch after engaging the autopilot after takeoeff. On top of that, my ailerons seem to be locked in a left turn when the autopilot engages. Any ideas on what cuasing this - a faulty joystick or whatever?Gideon

Can you give some more detail please? Do you use ForceFeedBack? When do you engage the A/P or at what altitude? Do you engage it in TOGA? Are you touching the controls AFTER engagement of the A/P? DOes the pilot's flight display show yellow CWS in the FMA?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest cfm56

hey Randy, no forcefeedback for me, in fact i have to get a new joystick - the one I have is so messed up that I have to disengage prior to hitting the togo. I tried many senarios with respect to engageing the AP, bfore thrust reduction height, after and still the same problem. As for the yellow CWS I do remember seeing it sometimes which brings me to ask what does it mean?My takeoffs procedures in a nutshell.Lineup with rnwy, throttles idle via joystick, parking brake, lights on, throttles 60% via joystick, joystick disengage, TOGO activate, the whole v1 v2 stuff, climbout v2+15 using keyboard elevators to thrust red hgt, AP on, LNAV on if not on already, VNAV on.In the case of the 900s as soon as i engage the AP at this moment I get that 20 deg pitcth down and a locked airleron to the left. Hoped this paints the picture and my horror for u. any ideas. What does the yellow CWS mean?Gideon