Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Install of PMDG737NG (FMCWP folder) and updates for AIR...

Dear All,I have reinstalled PMDG B737 again because I had tried to load something which didn't work but that's sorted and this is where my problems start.I deleted the folder FMCWP from the PMDG folder (wish I hadn't) so reinstalled the game again thinking it would put the folder back into the correct place well it wasn't even there. So went through my FS2002 folders and found the folder FMCWP so copied it to the PMDG folder thought that was fine. I have since tried to update the FMC with the current AIRac and SID/STAR database but it won't change wheather I'm extracting to wrong places with the Navdata and SID/STAR I don't know or am wondering wheather if it's because I deleted the FMCWP folder from PMDG and it hasn't installed correctly could somebody advise me and possibly send me instructions to update both the AIRAC and SID/STAR I've read the instructions but it just won't work.I'm actually getting FS2004 this week so If I uninstall PMDG737NG completely will the FMCWP folder be installed back into the PMDG folder when I re-install it into FS2004 I would appreciate any help or advice from anybody am just totally stuck and can't sort it have tried for 2hours.Many ThanksJason

The FMCWP folder does not go in the PMDG folder. Now not sure about fs2002 but am sure about it in fs9. You simply make sure that the Airac is pointed to the ROOT FS folder (which it should do). It will create it's own folder when you install the airac. Once you install the NG in fs9 it will create the sidstars folder and does not need to be touched.... Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Randy,Many Thanks for your help I followed your instructions and it has updated both to the current 0412. I had been selecting them directly to the FMCWP navdata folder and that's why they wouldn't work.Kindest RegardsJason Thompson