Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

737-700 or 800

Guest gremel

Anybody know where I can purchase a really good video CD of the 737-700 or 800 from takeoff to landing etc ?? Price doesn't matter..Regards,jack

If you are really anxious! And it seems you are. You can deposit $200,000 onto my bank account and I will lease an NG for a couple of cicuits and shoot some video for ya! Heck. I can even invite you to come with me. The air fair is on me!We have a deal? Sorry, couldn't resist. :+

Guest VetJet

Go to www.justplanes.com and feast on the eye candy. Tons of DVD's to choose from. I am eying the 737NG DVD from Gol airlines in brazil. All the -700/-800 action you could imagine. I have bought from them before and was impressedWhadzen

Guest frankathl

Hi Jack,I see Whadzen has recommended a Just Planes DVD. While I have 4 of the Just Planes DVDs, and like them a lot, I would point out that they are a bit light on technical information compared with, say, ITVV. Generally speaking, they aim for a wider audience than die-hard flight simmers, and you'll notice from the comments on the site that many people use them for sight-seeing different parts of the world. So, expect a lot of out of the window shots of the landscape.However, bearing the above reservation in mind, I do think the Just Planes Hapag-LLoyd video of the 737-700 is worth having. The introductory air-to-air footage is quite nice, and the approach to Klagenfurt(Austria) is both technically interesting and spectacular.I recommend you read the comments and browse the still photos of this DVD at the Just Planes site before making a decision(also see Whadzen's recommendation of the GOL DVD).I also own the ITVV Go 737-300 video return flight from London, Stansted to Lisbon, Portugal(Capt John Mahon, F/O Joe Wholihan). This provides a very good briefing of the various cockpit intstruments and systems, although you mustn't expect to learn, say, how to use VNAV from it. The flight has now been released in DVD format.You can find ITVV here: http://www.itvv.co.uk/I, too, would like to hear of any other recommended videos.BR,Frank

I too agree about the ITVV products. I find these far and away the best of the bunch in terms of format, production and quality. I will no longer be getting any of the just flight vids because, as you say, they are a bit to much of a 'traval viewing' for my taste.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest gremel

Thanks guys for all your inputs and you too Mats for your offer. However, I thought the $200M was a bit high & a little out of my budget at this time. I've got way too many other presents to buy for the kids....me included.Regards & Happy Holidays to all.jack

Guest gremel

Thanks again guys but I have one more question about the ordering procedure:"On the ordering page, it lists two types of video for the 767300. One is "DVD PAL" and the other is "DVD NTSC"I guess they are two different formats but I'm not sure what PAL or NTSC means. Could you please clarify."Jack

Guest frankathl

Hi Jack,These are different television standards, and are incompatible. The PAL system is used in Europe, NTSC in the United States, so you should buy accordingly. I'm not sure what format is used in countries outside these regions.BR,Frank

Guest AJ

PMDG really should consider working something out with one of those comapnies so that they could bundle a top notch cockpit DVD together with the boxed versions of their products. That would make a really cool package, and would be instructive as well.Andrew

Guest Pappyhep

I second this motion. I would be happy to pay a reasonable price for a top-notch cockpit video from receiving AC to FMC right through to lndg and shut down.

Guest gremel

Thanks again for answering my questions regarding the DVD purchase. Also, Andrew has a very good point on PMDG putting all these items together as a package deal etc.It would be great just to have PMDG release a CD version of the 737-800/900 so we slow-mo's can purchase it without getting dropped by our ISP's....Anyways, thanks again.Regards,jack