Sign in to follow this  
Guest YokeBloke

PMDG 737-600/700 and PFC's Jetliner Console Setup

Guest YokeBloke

Hi all, I would like to fly the 737-600/700 and operate it via my PFC Jetliner Console...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/100072.jpgHas anyone got a list of the keyboard commands that PMDG use for this aircraft?Has anyone had a luck getting their PFC kit to work with PMDG 737's?CheersClive "YokeBloke" Northrop.

Clive,I don't know for sure on any of these. I just ordered the PFC jet console myself so it is going to be interesting. However, I am assuming that none of the autopilot functions will work since PMDG redesigned that system. The radio functions should all work as I think that is still basic FS9. I have the PFC digital throttle assy now and it works fine with PMDG. This includes throttles, flaps, landing gear and thrust reverse. The spoiler arm no longer works since the last PMDG change. I assume also that the lights etc should work. I also ordered the 737NG throttle with the console and it will be interesting to see how it works.Tom

Guest YokeBloke

Tom,You're quite right, and with FSUIPC you can re-program any knobs or switches. Of course the throttles can be assigned to be any lever you want. The software that comes with the console (or from Peter Dowsons Site) is very good for that.As a side, these aircraft work very well with the gear without having to change much ie autopilot, heading bug, course selector, radios, lights etc;Carenados'... Piper Archer II, Piper Cherokee 180F & Centurion.Eaglesofts'... Cessna Citation IISP, X & CJ1.FlightOnes'... Cessna C172.F.S.Ds'... Aerostar & Piper Chevenne 400.PMDGs'... B1900D Express.Also these aircraft all have very high quality VC's, which I look for as I like to fly using "eDimensionals' TrackIR 3Pro" (Brill!) and I try not to have to use the mouse!OK here's a bigger shot of my 'flight deck' :-coolhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/100305.jpgWay to go!Cheers 'YokeBloke'

Clive,I see you have the NG throttle also. Are the reversers individual control, does the flap lever increment and how does the TOGA work? Was I correct in assuming that all of the radios work with the PMDG? Are there any obvious conflicts? Sorry for all of the questions, I should get my console on Wednesday or Thursday, but am just curious.It looks like you have a pretty nice setup. Whatis in the stack just left of the monitor?Thanks in advance,Tom

Guest YokeBloke

TomYes, the thrust reversers are individual and propotional.The flap lever has eight 'detents' but the software allows you to re-configure to your needs ie for a Cessna C172, I have four 'detents' programmed.As for the TOGA, my console is 'old' so is minus a 'chip', so I wired my throttles' TOGA buttons to the back of my N1 button and it works a treat. Your console should have the new chip to accommadate the new NG throttle quadrant.FSUIPC allows the Autothrottle disconnect to work fine by momenterally disconnecting the Autothrottle 'Master' switch.Radios work fine in the PMDG 737 as they seem to in most AC.That "Stack" is my computer! :-) I'm running an AMD 64bit, MSI 800mHz MB, 1Gb DDRRAM, SATA RAID 0 hard drives, ATI X800 Pro 256Mb Graphics card and an Audigy 2 sound card through 6.1 speakers. Oh! the monitor is the amazing LG 295LM Flatron operating at 1600 x 1200 resalusion 6xAGP, Fantastic! If you require any assistance with your new console I'll be only too happy to help...Clive.

Clive,Thanks for the info. I should be getting mine in a couple of days and will let you know how it works. I am expecting everything to be great. Your system looks first class.Tom

Guest gremel

Great set-up....Who makes the 'NG throttle quadrant', and how much is it if I might add??Regards,jack

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi, Very nice setup indeed. Makes me want :-) One question: Do the throttle levers move in response to the thrust commanded by the autopilot? That would be very neat!Thanks,BoazEKCH

Guest captbdel767

Hi GUYS,I'M SO JEALOUS...I've seend the PFC jet console online and really wanted one!!! ;-) Now are any of you based in London? because I would love to maybe visit and see for myself the console in action before I buy one. Now how much have you lots paid for them!!! YUMMY ;-)

Guest YokeBloke

BoazThat would be good! but alas they do not, on this version...CliveOEAB

Guest YokeBloke

Unfortunatly for you I am based in Saudi! 6,500Ft up in a place call Khamis Mushayt. You might like to try this route OERK to OEAB, watch out though, the transision altitude is 14000Ft! best stick to IFR instructions until your sure of the approach into OEAB (Abha). Use realtime weather if possable.Clive