Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

DVD ordering (help)

Guest gremel

RE: 737-700 or 800 Thanks again guys but I have one more question about the ordering procedure:"On the ITVV ordering page, it lists two types of video for the 767300. One is "DVD PAL" and the other is "DVD NTSC"I guess they are two different formats but I'm not sure what PAL or NTSC means. Could you please clarify."Jack

To confuse things further, there are different versions of PAL, for example, the UK and Ireland's PAL sound processing is different from the rest of Europe, and France uses a completely different system altogether called SECAM.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Indeed folks, but most of the contemporary systems come with the compatibility not only between various PAL systems (which is pretty much standard anyway), but also NTSC.What you should really be looking at is the DVD encoding which could prevent you from watching it.As far as I remember US market DVDs are coded 2, whereas European are coded 0. You need to check it to verify.BestDom

Guest frankathl

Hi Dom,DVD Region O = No Region Coding, ie region freeDVD Region 1 = USDVD Region 2= EuropeBR,Frank

Guest frankathl

Hi Vin,It's from ITVV Jack wants to order, not PMDG. :-)BR,Frank

Guest gremel

Me again. I just told my son to order the NTSC dvd version of the 737 NG for the USA. Was I correct or should I have told him to order a region code of 1 or 2 for the USA. I'm totally confused. Can anybody shed any more info or should I leave it as it is..Regards,jack

Guest ahmedem

Nope you're ok there now, all the DVDs on the ITVV site are region 0, which is "All Regions" so it'll work with you and NTSC is what you need for the US. You're done now. Could you come back and let us know what you think of the DVD. Should be great if their others are anything to go by.By the way you say a 737 NG, I can't find that one their site, or do you mean 767-300ER?!

Guest gremel

Sorry about the NG...It's the 767-300ER that I should have been referring to...Now I'm positive that I'm totally confused..Regards,jack