Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikeallen

Pmdg tutorial

Guest mikeallen

Hi All,1) Where would i find Tim Metzingers tutorial for the 737-600/700, i have tried avsim but it shows no results. I type in Tim Metzinger but no joy.2) I have downloaded & installed a file from avsim which sopposed to give some wing views. but having installed the file, i can't seem to get any wing views. Do i need active camera for this?Cheersmike.

Hi MikeIf You like I can mail it to You. But be aware. It's 32MB.Send a PM to me if You want it.best regards Sten

Guest mikeallen

Thanks stenDo you know the link to the tutorial so i can download it later?My email is for work.CheersMike

Guest meyomyx

I think Tim's Tutorial was removed from the PMDG website due to a copyright issue with Jeppesen. I think Tim may be releasing a revised version at some time .... but it's a lot of work with no return for Tim. So we all ought to pay him a bit if he delivers!As you have probably found out - you can still get the old version if you look for it :)

Guest RsZ

I got the first version of the Tim Metzinger tutorial.Anyway there is a problem with the KSTL Sid/Stars.When im trying to write KSTL in the Route section of the FMC im getting an error message (err.31 rwy or something like that) and then i dont have any SIDS for that airport...I've checked the SID/STARS database and everythings seems good with KSTL SID file.Dunno whats wrong then.

Guest stang

>there is a problem with the KSTL Sid/Stars.When im trying to>write KSTL in the Route section of the FMC im getting an error>message (err.31 rwy or something like that) and then i dont>have any SIDS for that airport...There may have been a runway numbering change. Usually what is wrong here is that the terminal procedures are out of sync with the navdata cycle or visa versa. Check the file headers to see what cycle they are and insure the terminal procedures and the navdata are the same cycle. 0412 is the current cycle.RegardsTerry

Guest RsZ

Hi, thx for advice me,i've already downloaded a new SID/STARS database for PMDG and it works.I've discovered that now there is no rwy 31 on KSTL so i think that my new Airac was not compatibile with my old Sids:)

Guest BlackDog

>So we all ought to pay him a bit if he delivers!I agree and will gladly pay for Tim's latest opus. His original was excellent. I learned how to use the FMC and enjoyed learning with his great tutorial.