Sign in to follow this  
Guest thscholz

Another thing not implemented in the 737NG

Guest thscholz

I just found a picture on airliners.net.This feature for going thru the checklist has not been implemented in the PMDG 737NG. Maybe we could see it in the 747-400?;-) APU...........Runninghttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/717245/L/Let's see if you know what I mean.CheersThomas

I too have noticed the ackward location of the APU switch next to the Taxi and Rwy/TO light switches. It is too easy to mistakenly flip the APU switch when you mean to turn ON the Taxi lights.They should send this picture to the Boeing panel design engineers.Best regards from KMIA :-waveKerke

I want to get a new PMDG clothes-pin signature :)

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Ok here we go...If PMDG is going to add the Boeing Cloths Pin APU switch option in a future product or revision to the NG, then they better make sure they simulate exactly the finger grip strength needed to open and close the pin. Ian, do you have any maintenance documentation or blue prints on the spring configuration of the pin? This information would be needed to ensure an accurate simulation. Although maybe Van could cook up the appropriate algorithm without it. Maybe Mats or Randy have access and can share the appropriate CBT or procedures documentation so that we can ensure we are utilizing this function properly.The recording of the actual pin sound as it closes on the switch will be critical to ensure the simulation is complete and accurate. Microphone placement, the digital recording equipment used and specific cockpit systems configuration need to be taken into account in order to ensure this is recorded properly. Vin, as always, both the 2D and 3D image color and dimension need to match this specific picture exactly. Anybody have a video of the NG cockpit showing the pin option being used so Marc can get the animation correct?LK, because of the different airline specific configurations, would it be possible to add an additional Cloths Pin color option to the PMDG styles menu?RR, I know you have stated in the past that the Overhead Panel system synoptic programming can be difficult, but really this should be a very simple add-on. How about it? Could we see except to see screen shots shortly? Please???Happy Holidays to all! :-)

"Ian, do you have any maintenance documentation or blue prints on the spring configuration of the pin? This information would be needed to ensure an accurate simulation."Unfortunately, I only have data for red ones, George, not the blue-green variety :-badteethCheers.Ian.P.S. BTW, is this where we get the expression "to air one's dirty laundry in public"? :(

George et al - The turquoise clothes pins APU switch reminder system is an airline option. As far as I know South African Airlines is the only operator who has bought this. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the SAA AOM sections for the TCPASRS.TGIF, :-beerchug

Guest Chris_Tripp

Gosh, I didn't realise this was such a big issue.My ignorance is appalling, sorry. Pleased to see other more perspicacious readers spotted the ongoing ramifications....I sincerely hope the "clothes peg" mod/patch follows through to the "Pogo Stick" release.

Guest NGdriver

Yes and that they use the same spring on the clothespin as in the pogo stick! That should prevent any un-necessary APU running!:D RgdsKevin

Guest Erups

If i were PMDG, i would have done that immediately :DEven before finishing the QOS ;)That's just awfully funny :D

>I just found a picture on airliners.net.>>This feature for going thru the checklist has not been>implemented in the PMDG 737NG. Maybe we could see it in the>747-400?;-) >>APU...........Running>>http://www.airliners.net/open.file/717245/L/>>Let's see if you know what I mean.>>Cheers>>Thomas Wish that it was that simple. See Boeing like to offer OPTIONS, sort of like going to Burger King and ordering a veggie burger ;-).' No really there are so many options availible, this is one reason why the great PIC is going to be modelled after a single configuation. PMDG did provide a great many options though, foremost the two types of panel layouts which is a big one IMO. If you look at the PFD options you will notice many more. Load up the WestJet panel config and notice the RA readout! Now insted of "Another thing not modelled" you should say "One of the FEW items that PMDG did not model" ;DBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest thscholz

>>Now insted of "Another thing not modelled" you should>say "One of the FEW items that PMDG did not model" ;D>>Yes, you're right. After posting this thread I thought that the title was a bit harsh. I should have said 'Something I'm missing in (or is it on?) the 737NG'.At a certain age it starts getting harder to memorize things, so this option with the clothes-pin would be very helpful for me.:-roll CheersThomas

Ah really your responce is ok Thomas, I know you meant no offence and none was taken. I just added that bit to the end because I think in terms of what is there and how much darn testing we did hehe..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest meyomyx

Come on ....... everyone knows that is a clothes PEG:)