Sign in to follow this  
Guest kchaudhry

extremeley low frame rate

Guest kchaudhry

hello guys. i have a P4 1.7 Ghz, 1 GB ram and radeon 9550 256 mb ram and even with this configuration, i get terribnly low frame rate even with medium seetings when i switch to virtual cockpit view with the PMDG736/7. any suggestions to cope with this issue? thanks in advance.

Guest gremel

What is your definition of 'low frame rates' ?? Many factors influence frame rates and it would be helpful to know what your approx.'frame rates' are during normal flight.Regards,jack

Guest _sebastian_

>hello guys. i have a P4 1.7 Ghz, 1 GB ram and radeon 9550 256>mb ram and even with this configuration, i get terribnly low>frame rate even with medium seetings when i switch to virtual>cockpit view with the PMDG736/7. any suggestions to cope with>this issue? > >thanks in advance.I have a 1.8 athlon and 15-20 fps in PMDG739 VC on average (if clear weather I get above 25 fps) so it is certainly possible to have fluent graphics with your pc. You don't leave much info to work with, but I can give you this much:- Upgrade your graphics card!I have a 9800 Pro 256mb and this card is the 3rd or 4th fastest on the planet. It doesn't come better at the price. I can almost guarantee you that it will double the fps count you have now.- run FS9 in 1024x768x32.This is a matter of taste. I have found that the resolution cut I have to endure is well worth getting the extra fps. Try it. Get used to it.- Remove anti-aliasing in FS9 hardware options and choose it manually in the graphics card settings instead.- Reduce cloud draw distanceI use Active Sky/FS Sky World 2004 and have found that a sight distance of 70 mi, cloud draw distance of 40 mi and AS sight distance of 69 allows me to have 100% 3-D cloud percentage, Detailed clouds and Max cloud coverage density enabled. These settings makes up a perfectly realistic weather image as seen from real world airplanes at high altitudes.If the above changes doesn't give you the horse power you want:-Reinstall FS9.It takes care of all the clutter that comes from add-on panels and scenery you have build up over time. Even if these things are not your style, fps will almost certainly benefit from a clean reinstall.- Upgrade to WinXP Pro. If you have that already reinstall it.You'd be surprised how much this helps. When you have installed it, tune it so you have only the necessary services running (http://www.blackviper.com/ is an excellent site for this).In general, pay attention to what you install on your pc and what you have running. Keep it clean and lean (no ugly short cuts on your desktop, clean your registry from time to time, remove any program that takes up resources and mem. Never allow a program to load itself into memory upon start-up; if you really, really need it start it manually when necessary.I have FS9 with almost everything maxed out (except weather as you can read above), Ultimate Traffic at 40%, Active Sky/FS Sky World 2004. Only in very busy airports (EGLL, KLAX, KJFK etc.) I get an fps cut of noticable size. On these occations I reduce traffic to 10% and/or climb into 2-D cockpit, which leaves me with 10 or so fps. Not excatly great but still enough to enjoy a good landing. However, with your (and my) pc we must accept that busy airports are a real pain in the neck, even if just taxiing on the ground. No real option here but to upgrade the processor I guess. The good news is that the high load on fps is only within 10 mi or so from the airport. Keep in mind that this is ONLY at busy airports. At normal airports I get 20 fps.Good luck.

Guest _sebastian_

>I have a 1.8 athlon and 15-20 fps in PMDG739 VC on average (if>clear weather I get above 25 fps) so it is certainly possible>to have fluent graphics with your pc.Oh, I forgot. Upgrade to PMDG737 -800/-900. This improves fps also. Quite a bit actually.

Guest Erups

>hello guys. i have a P4 1.7 Ghz, 1 GB ram and radeon 9550 256>mb ram and even with this configuration,I think you are misled by your configuration.A P4 1.7ghz is nowhere near powerfull, nor does an ATI 9550 (a very poor video card, ati did a #### move by selling it, the name tells a totally different story then its real chip :().You can't expect to have 20fps with everything maxed out :(You have to lower your settings a lot.Anyway the main culprit for your poor perfomance is the cpu.Keep in mind that a 1.8ghz P4 is about a 1ghg P3.And the progession is not linear.In fact a P4 3.4ghz is equaled by a 2.6ghz AMD.

Guest kchaudhry

(Y)....awesome fellows. thanks for your input. i appreciate it khurram.

Guest _sebastian_

>(Y)....awesome fellows. thanks for your input. i appreciate>it >khurram. >Also, try to reduce VC refresh rate. Using a setting of 2 will give you between 8-13 extra fps, depending on your onset value of course. You can probably tolerate the slow refresh rate since the default value of 5 is a joke anyway.